CDMoose

Last night I killed my first player...

...and I didn't enjoy it one bit.

I was playing with a friend at night time.

We saw a player uphill of us about 30m away.

We both hit the deck and so did he. We pulled out our pistols just in case, we had no intention of killing him.

For some reason he ran right up to us (about 10m) crouched and pointed his gun.

I have no idea if it was his intention to shoot, I just unloaded a mag in his direction.

He had so much cool stuff, way better than ours.

I feel really really bad, this guy must have had some good playtime...I can't even remember his name.

Does anyone else ever have feelings of regret?

Nah, not really.

When i first met someone(before i even saw a zombie)

He was wearing a mask.( didn't knew it was the bandit skin)

So i was about to say

"Wow cool mask! Nice to meet you!"

and then he just starts shooting his makarov at me, but somehow i got to kill him.

No regrets, but it sure is one of the most memorable experience i've had

Edited by Bahhh

If he didn't VOIP friendly then you have nothing to worry about...

...and I didn't enjoy it one bit.

I was playing with a friend at night time.

We saw a player uphill of us about 30m away.

We both hit the deck and so did he. We pulled out our pistols just in case, we had no intention of killing him.

For some reason he ran right up to us (about 10m) crouched and pointed his gun.

I have no idea if it was his intention to shoot, I just unloaded a mag in his direction.

He had so much cool stuff, way better than ours.

I feel really really bad, this guy must have had some good playtime...I can't even remember his name.

WOW you deserve to be punched in the face

I was travelling with my friend from Elektro to Mogilevska. He had just started the game and knew nothing.

We were going through the woods keeping the road on our left and I see this dude just standing a little closer to the road than we are, he is standing still, probably heard us.

I yell to my friend to dive at Skype. He didn't see the dude and don't know what is going on.

At this moment the dude turns to us.

I panicked and shot.

Never killed anyone that didn't shoot me first after that. Still feel kinda bad about it.

• Like 1

During night time in Cherno, I got startled by a bandit at point blank range as we both came around a corner simultaneously. I managed to escape before he killed me. About 2 mins later, I was so full of adrenaline from my encounter that when someone came around the corner I emptied my clip into them. It wasn't the same person, and I felt really bad. Then they DC'ed and I no longer felt bad because they deserved to be shot. ;)

I do feel bad sometimes when I know someone is trying to trick me and I kill them. Their plan was so obvious it hurt. Oh you need a blood transfusion and you're just going to stand their holding an axe? New players who play like DayZ is a deathmatch, make me sad. Couldn't you wait till you learned how to play before you tried to shoot everyone you saw?

My first kill was a miserable experience. I felt bad after I closed the game and went to work. I felt bad when I got home and felt bad when I logged back in. I still feel bad about a few people I shot because I was simply unsure about their intentions and had rather not find out the hard way.

This is why this game is feels real to me. It feels important. It feels relevant. I still regret hurting a video game avatar all because this game extracts from people their true tendencies. I want to think I am a helper not a hurter. I want to be part of a big group of survivors interested in maintaining a ZED FREE zone, where we can interact without our weapons drawn, but be united by the common threat. But, just like real life, self interest and selfishness of one or two people can poison your whole outlook.

In "real life" I have no doubt that if a roving gang of teens found me in a grocery store scrounging up supplies to last the night for my family, they’d rape and kill every last one of us for shits and giggles, but I still feel bad when I have to put someone down because I was too afraid to say "hello." I would also like to think that a band of survivors, under strong leadership, with vision and courage, would be capable of returning cherno or any other urban area into a civil zone fit for social and commercial interaction.

The potential for this fiction is vast. I cant wait to see whats next.

Edited by my_name_LEGION
  • Like 3

It was his life or your life. SImple.

Coincidentally I killed my first player today as well. I've grown tired and wiser about giving people the benefit of the doubt. Every single player I've run into has shot/killed , or shot at me. Now I just shoot on sight .

It was in Elektro, I believe. I was in a house checking out the loot. I had my back to the door (dumb I'll admit), when I turned around and saw a female survivor creeping up on me in the crouched position with a hatchet drawn. I slowly back away debating if it's necessary to shoot this obviously gun-less person. She continued into the room and starting going through my loot. I decided not to chance it and put 2 in the back of her skull. I didn't regret or feel bad about it, really. I just kept on truckin'.

About 5 minutes later I ran into the church and saw another survivor camping out. This man was armed this time. He had his left side to the door while crouching and moving forward, I had my sights right on him. Once again I debated if it were necessary to take him out while he was obvlious to me being the room. He quickly turned towards me holding his shotgun. We stared at each other for about 1 second, then we both opened fire at the sametime. I had popped off about 3-4 shots before he could fire more than one. I took him out and he did no real damage to me. I looted his goods and moved on before he returned. That kill was mroe satisfying than killing the female survivor a few minutes earlier.

My first kill was satisfying and emboldened a deep seated blood lust. My friend and I were looting the military tents near Starry Sobor when a very under-equipped survivor managed to shoot my buddy dead with a measly Lee Enfield. I managed to loot the whole place before I saw him through the window of the last tent I was going to loot. He was laying prone and so was I. My heart started beating like crazy when I watched him slowly crawl his way around the corner. He saw me, stopped, and we locked eyes for about 2-3 seconds before he tried to shoot me dead but missed and hit the ground instead, I unloaded half a clip of my ak74 Kobra into his face. The vengeance felt so sweet and my buddy was very glad I could avenge him and get his stuff back to him. He was one of the first survivors we ran into, ever since then I feel I have to shoot on sight or be killed. He never gave us a chance, never warned us. There was plenty of loot for all three of us and my friend and I were willing to trade or give items. We aren't so trusting anymore.