Sign in to follow this  
kurtthecobain

Why are cars so rare in Chernarus?

Zombie Apocalypses don't disable cars... Lots of people could've died at home with their cars in perfect shape.. sedans in front of houses, offroads next to barns, Urals in military bases..

• Like 2

well most of the clans horde the vehicles so no one else can get them

Edited by GLRUBBERDUCK
  • Like 2

Ive been server hopping at Zenelogorsk parking lot now for about 10 min... ik call me a cheater but yeah nothing

well most of the clans horde the vechicles so no one else can get them

Pretty much sums it up. All the clans have them. So they can drive around in the woods jerking each other off

• Like 10

because of the following

• server hosts/admins lock their servers and take everything before it goes public
  • vehicles can be stored well outside the map borders
  • server hosts/admins can easily set a server to auto kick a player and repair a vehicle upon destruction(US 1340)
  • vehicles take 7 full days to respawn but hey an admin can work around this issue

Edited by Legacy
  • Like 1

im sure more vehicles will be added at a later date, theres alot to take into consideration....Server performance/handling, Lag, how many vehicles the engine could realisticly handle real time on 1 server at any one time? would be good to find out maybe...this maybe something for the standalone...

maybe increase number of bicycles to start of and go from there, but this has been brought up before so we shall see :)

I would love to see more survivors on bikes, especially if they could shoot at each other whilst cycling.... I had such a blast cycling through Cherno tinkling my bike bell.. imagine 20 people all doing that through town .....

next time i find a bike im going to start a paper round in elektro....

Ive been server hopping at Zenelogorsk parking lot now for about 10 min... ik call me a cheater but yeah nothing

Yeah I got to Zeleno for the nicely accessible supermarket. The first time I went there I remember reading the wiki saying it was a vehicle hotspot in that car park. Yet every time I go there I'm optimistic about finding one, and never do.

Well if vehicle spawns were increased, the player count would also need to be increased IMO. Our group came across 6 vehicles in a server at the same time (We started with 2, they got stolen, we found 1, then found our original 2 plus 2 more and an ATV) It was impossible for our group to keep track of all them so naturally they were stolen, but my point is, there were at least 6 vehicles on that map which is more than enough for the 25 player cap of the server we were on.

when you do find a car, you pretty much find all of the other cars in the same spot

• Like 4

OK nononono

I'm asking

scenario- wise why are car's so rare

not server-wise like people hoarding them...

Realistically cars shouldn't be a rarity in a zombie apocalypse... Most people would die locally

because of the following

• server hosts/admins lock their servers and take everything before it goes public
  • vehicles can be stored well outside the map borders
  • server hosts/admins can easily set a server to auto kick a player and repair a vehicle upon destruction (US 1340)
  • vehicles take 7 full days to respawn but hey an admin can work around this issue

This is why i always play on vilayer's servers

1- If a server get locked it goes down automatically after 10 seconds

2- Yes

3- Theres no such thing like autokick, the only autokick that can be set is max ping

4- Nope, the only thing that admins can do is restart/stop the server and change the time. Otherwise is a cheat

im sure more vehicles will be added at a later date, theres alot to take into consideration....Server performance/handling, Lag, how many vehicles the engine could realisticly handle real time on 1 server at any one time? would be good to find out maybe...this maybe something for the standalone...

maybe increase number of bicycles to start of and go from there, but this has been brought up before so we shall see :)

You've obviously never played non-DayZ arma....

• Like 1

even if there where more no one would get them except the clan owning the server

Edited by GLRUBBERDUCK

It could be something to do with the fact that you wash up in a pseudo-west asian peninsula that resembles a mix of apocalyptic Germany and Chernobyl.

I don't know if you've been to Chernobyl, but they don't have many working cars there.

Edge of the map, run a circuit. It's boring as hell, but that's where they are. People tend to hide them in the same 4 areas, just study your map and get ready for some jogging.

It could be something to do with the fact that you wash up in a pseudo-west asian peninsula that resembles a mix of apocalyptic Germany and Chernobyl.

I don't know if you've been to Chernobyl, but they don't have many working cars there.

Dude,,,,that was over 25 years ago.....

I must disagree about the admins locking the servers. I'm sure some turds do, and should be blacked. The thing about "clans" is Organization and numbers. I had 10 people to spread across the map and seek out vehicles and car parts. If you are looking at vehicle spawns for vehicles you are most likely Not going to find them.

In a serious non trolling matter, may I suggest you comb the western and northern borders of the map? You are much more likely to find all sorts of goodies there.

You're welcome.

Well

I've been proven wrong

by me

I found a car :D

gotta repair the fueltank and the hull tho

best of luck to all of you car looters

I actually found this at a marked car spawn zone

This is why i always play on vilayer's servers

1- If a server get locked it goes down automatically after 10 seconds

2- Yes

3- Theres no such thing like autokick, the only autokick that can be set is max ping

4- Nope, the only thing that admins can do is restart/stop the server and change the time. Otherwise is a cheat

For Number 2 i thought they fixed that?

Months of playing, and I saw my first motorbike yesterday. Have yet to see an operational car.