Obsolescence

Reduce Blood Recovery of Cooked Meat

Cooked meat heals for 800 blood. Personally I think this is too high. The average animal kill is going to net you 5 meat or so. That's, 5 x 800, so 4K blood. Canned food gives you just 200 blood.

I'd prefer to see cooked meat give you 400 blood, or at the very least, 600 blood. Alternatively, leave the healing at 800 but only allow someone to eat if there food need is below 50% or so (prevents players from downing infinite meat-steaks like they're Takeru Kobayashi).

What do yall think?

• Like 2

As a trained cook and chef for 6 years now, i can tell you the amount of nutrition you get from old tin cans like the ones we find in Dayz, is about 1/3 to 1/4 the amount of calories and energy you get from a big fresh 300g steak. So gaining 800 from meat and 200 from cans is in my opinion OK.

But i would not mind seeing those numbers go up in size.

• Like 1

I think it's already too hard to raise blood and seeing how you can be knocked out whenever you are under 9000 makes this a no-no.

Make normal canned food recover 500 blood and cooked meat stays at 800.

if you do this, then u must alow people to give themselves bloodbags, if not, this idea is rubbish, no offense.

• Like 1

Actually 600 blood from a meat wouldn't be that bad. Would make getting blood up a little more difficult. But keep in mind that your average cow (that packs a mighty 8 pieces of meat) isn't wandering around everywhere, usually they are near villages on a very open field. Which means you could be exposed to 542 snipers by that time. In fact, I have actually died before that way.

Edited by Rocu

Where is your sense of adventure? Since I aquired hunting gear I've had precisely 0 difficulty recovering my blood whether I start at 4000 blood or 8000 blood. You can shoot me with a 7.62 NATO for 8K blood and within 1 minute I'm back at full health as if nothing had ever happend. Why would it be bad to make it slightly more challenging to recover from mortal wounds?

Where is your sense of adventure? Since I aquired hunting gear I've had precisely 0 difficulty recovering my blood whether I start at 4000 blood or 8000 blood. You can shoot me with a 7.62 NATO for 8K blood and within 1 minute I'm back at full health as if nothing had ever happend. Why would it be bad to make it slightly more challenging to recover from mortal wounds?

All of your ideas suck.

• Like 1

what do you do fill 10-15 slots of your backpack with cooked meat?

wonder what happens when you break a leg or have the shakes and you have nothing but meat...

id like to add

maybe if you stopped disconnecting then logging on to an empty server just to eat your meat you would realize you sound like a moron

also many bandits and animals thank you

we merely have to kill players like you in order to get food

save a cow shoot a moron

Edited by Bulletproof Sandwich

All of your ideas suck.

Bad? Mad? I can't decide.

I didn't realize most people were so terrible at this game that halving the blood recovery from cooked meat would cause all of this QQing and rage-trolling.

If they reduced the blood recovery for everything by half I would be fine. If you wouldn't then you must be really struggling to maintain yourself.

Bad? Mad? I can't decide.

I didn't realize most people were so terrible at this game that halving the blood recovery from cooked meat would cause all of this QQing and rage-trolling.

If they reduced the blood recovery for everything by half I would be fine. If you wouldn't then you must be really struggling to maintain yourself.

It is the only way to heal yourself up quite quickly, why dont you bitch about blood bags, they restore your whole blood level in seconds and only use one single inventory space, thats 15 cooked meat which you only can cook if you have a hatchet, matches and hunting knife and that shit is way harder to get then a single blood bag in the NW of Cherno.

Edited by Proceed

I'm sorry but this is retarded unless they add a) the ability to perform a blood transfusion on yourself. B) blood regen. c) both.

what do you do fill 10-15 slots of your backpack with cooked meat?

wonder what happens when you break a leg or have the shakes and you have nothing but meat...

id like to add

maybe if you stopped disconnecting then logging on to an empty server just to eat your meat you would realize you sound like a moron

also many bandits and animals thank you

we merely have to kill players like you in order to get food

save a cow shoot a moron

I have a Coyote Backpack atm. That's 24 slots, plus 20 in my accessible inventory.

I carry:

3 Primary clips

4 Secondary clips

4 Bandages

3 Water bottles

4 Morphine

1 Epi

4 Painkillers

1 Heatpack

2 Bloodbags

If I accounted for everything that's 26 of 44 inventory slots, leaving me with 18 slots for miscellaneous shit, extra ammo, and, yes, normally 4-8 cooked meat.

Also, I've never combat logged, but I do normally play on lower pop servers. I'd appreciate if you took your projections and put them on someone else.

I have a Coyote Backpack atm. That's 24 slots, plus 20 in my accessible inventory.

Its 24 + 12 the lower 8 slots are for secondary clips and bandages only ?!

Also thats what you carry, most people carry probably more ammo than you, and again - why dont you complain about blood bags which heal you up in no time.

Edited by Proceed

400 or at the least 600? I realize you're trying hard to up your post count but take a breath to at least form logical statements before posting.

From my OP:

"I'd prefer to see cooked meat give you 400 blood, or at the very least, 600 blood."

Thread title:

"Reduce Blood Recovery of Cooked Meat"

So, I'm saying I'd like Cooked meat blood recovery reduced to 400 blood, or at the very least, reduced to 600 blood.

A 400 point blood recovery reduction is less of a reduction than a 200 point blood recovery reduction. I apologize if you had trouble following that incredibly complex relational construction.

Also, I didn't know people cared about post count. I'm guessing you do?

From my OP:

"I'd prefer to see cooked meat give you 400 blood, or at the very least, 600 blood."

Thread title:

"Reduce Blood Recovery of Cooked Meat"

So, I'm saying I'd like Cooked meat blood recovery reduced to 400 blood, or at the very least, reduced to 600 blood.

A 400 point blood recovery reduction is less of a reduction than a 200 point blood recovery reduction. I apologize if you had trouble following that incredibly complex relational construction.

Also, I didn't know people cared about post count. I'm guessing you do?

I do too.

Its 24 + 12 the lower 8 slots are for secondary clips and bandages only ?!

Also thats what you carry, most people carry probably more ammo than you, and again - why dont you complain about blood bags which heal you up in no time.

I don't have any issue with blood bags because they require a partner, and require you to venture into cities to aquire. Not to mention, attempting a blood transfusion in combat is risky for both players.

You can easily eat 6 cooked meats in combat within a span of 15 seconds. It isn't even slightly difficult.

One cooked meat can heal you for almost the same blood as a 9mm round bodyshot does in damage [+800b vs -889b].

Am I the only one who doesn't think that is a good thing?

Edited by Obsolescence

Then you open your inventory in combat to heal? If i do that my char is going into crouching position and stops moving. Does not sound like a good idea to me while someone is shooting at me.

I wouldn't mind the blood recovery of meat brought to 500, it be easier calculating the amount of blood you'll get but less rewarding though, but if they do they should balance it out.

Like, chicken meat restores 200 blood but can be eaten twice, goat meat 400, sheep meat 500, cow meat 1200 but takes up 2-3 slots or something.

I'd much rather prefer this than reducing the overall blood recovery. In DayZ I just got myself loads of steak and am very proud of it because of the reason it recovers so much blood. So the fact that it recovers so much gives you a much prouder feeling as that it'd heal only 400. Plus, it's very hard to find an animal.

One time I searched like 2 hours before I finally found a goat, I shot it because I had no silent weapon and died afterwards of starvation and a zombie pounding my ass.

I don't have a partner to use a bloodbag on me either, and finding alot of food cans is hard and can be very risky. You'll heal yourself up a little at the risk of being shot and die. Than you've sought for those very needed food cans for nothing, and if you ate all your food cans you won't have any food left to fill up your hunger which'll make you starve too. Unless you're lucky and find another can of food after getting to 12000 blood, but the chance to get shot is still high than.

Edited by Scratchz

Anything decreasing the Blood Meat gives you is a No. unless you can give yourself a Blood Transfusion Its already hard because of you Getting Knocked out at 9000 Blood.