Sign in to follow this  
NightCeller

Loading Screen - Steam

Hello all,

I have been having issues with joining most DayZ servers, it usually takes on estimate around 20 minutes to get in. Once is Usually it will stay active for around 3 hours.

I am using the Six Launcher and also a Steam version of ARMA 2, ARMA 2: Operation Arrowhead, ARMA 2: Combined forces

ARMA 2 will load up with the DayZ mod and all appears to be fine. when joining a server it will also appear fine showing me the players and the ping it also advises me my BattleEye client is up to date. when i click OK it will go to a loading screen when it gets here it will do either 2 things, I will be able to hear the sound effects of the game in the case I know that it is working or that it is on the next phase of loading or it will stay there on the first loading screen with the bar full, and I have to exit with Task Manager - Extremely annoying, if however it goes though to the next loading screen it can take up to 5 minutes to go through and sometimes does not go through at all.

I have been trying to log onto all types of servers the main one that works for me is v 1.7.2.4 95417, I have not ever been able to get onto a 95389.

Unfortunately ARMA 2 does not allow me to print screen so I cannot show you any more such as the version number if requested I will find and update.

Please advise if there is a possible fix?

It's quite hard to give out advice for such an error. As this might be caused by slow connection or bad PC. Personally it takes me an average of about 2-3 minutes to get into a server. But I also sometimes see the Loading screen infront of me like 10 minutes in which case I also have to close the game via task manager.

Hello Rocu, what loading screen do you get to the one with the bar or just the green loading screen?

edit

-

Still unable to get into servers, It either comes with with the loading screen bar and stays there or lets me through and then BattlEye kicks me off.

Edited by NightCeller

I am facing the same issue. It logs into the server. I get a split second of sound, then it goes to a all black loading screen with gold letters.

I only get this problem though when I'm in full screen mode. If I load in windowed mode there is not problem. After in the game I can't change from windowed to full screen using Alt+enter. Any suggestions?

There are hundreds of us having the exact same issue.

Just no current fix, or any attention to our problem. Look at the dozens of threads of people stuck at loading... Its not PC issues, as I could play just fine before may 18th(whatever patch that was).

D2

I'm surprised there's no sticky about this.

I agree, I did however try and look at any possible fix - Number 1 is I ran Steam in Administrator mode verified both of the game cashes and then went into BeSetup on both ARMA and ARMA 2 Operation Arrowhead to ran the .exe, and that stoped the crashing , could be a fluke of luck but then when I reset my PC same issue again, it would be awesome to get this thread stickied. or at least a Thread

The same problem exists for alot of NON-STEAM users too (from searching this section of the forum), so a sticky would be cool - not as cool as a fix though.