Sign in to follow this  
KetchupOnTheDog

Reason to stay alive

There needs to be a reason to stay alive and live longer. This is something to keep in mind for the standalone, because currently, there is no reason to struggle for your life besides to keep that as50 or guille suit. What i am saying is, when you spawn into the world you should not have that mentality of; i am going to run in there head first and see what guns i can get. This is not the mentality of a true survivor. I hope to god rocket has this in mind for the standalone as this is one of the main contributors to the pointless fighting in cherno and elektro, there is no reason to further develop your character and keep yourself alive other than to find more weapons and clothes. This is an edited version of a post i made a long time ago.

Edited by KetchupOnTheDog
  • Like 5

Not sure with the method but yeah, there definitely needs to be more incentive to survive. Maybe as a tool you can find a calendar, and your character ticks each date everyday you survive.

The skins isn't a terrible idea, but every 24 hours would be too often, and a complete skin change would be too much as well. Maybe small changes like prominent scars or a big manly beard! (Just examples.)

• Like 1

Not sure with the method but yeah, there definitely needs to be more incentive to survive. Maybe as a tool you can find a calendar, and your character ticks each date everyday you survive.

The skins isn't a terrible idea, but every 24 hours would be too often, and a complete skin change would be too much as well. Maybe small changes like prominent scars or a big manly beard! (Just examples.)

How is 24 hours to often (assuming we are talking about /played time), I would say that the majority of chars do not even live half that time (pure speculation though :P).

I strongly support the Timer: i want to see how long i have been surviving!

NO BUMPING!

With 10,000 forum members and growing this is a practice that could quickly lead to useless bump fests and new ideas would be swept away without even being read.

If a thread is very important to you feel free to include a link to it in your signature.

I really thought Apache was going to mention spiderman. i wish he did work it in there somewwhere.

I'm talking about your sig by the way.

Edited by DMC14