Sign in to follow this  
facet

Lee Enfield aka Dinner Bell in action - SS

Hi

I just started my game in Prigorodki. In barn and on farm I found axe, Lee Enfield with 7 magazines. After first shot from this Dinner Bell/Lee.E all zombies form Prigorodki, and I'm sure form whole Chernarus attacking me! ;D

I did 72 zombie kills in maybe 2 minutes...

Lee Enfield power is cool, but still too noisy a little...

dinner-bell.jpg

They've nerfed the sound a bit now so doesn't sound quite as impressive.

You have a point. We refuelled up in SS and had to take out a few.

A few turned into a lot. If it is what the devs had in mind then it worked, because refuelling was a right pain in the arse.

It's no longer the dinner bell. Get it.

This is true. Any non-silenced weapon is now a DInner Bell. Fired a pistol in novy, pulled damn near every zed from it + stary. The hearing "fix" gave every zed the ability to hear a mouse's fart. I now refuse to fire any weapon in town other than a SD-loaded rifle/pistol.

• Like 1

The combination of the anocrym for screenshot and the way the Zed on the top of the stairs is holding his arm is kinda funny.

Edited by Jaime
  • Like 1

I think this is caused by something wacky with the zombie spawn code, causing it to almost instantly respawn zombies that are not even dead yet - just aggroed and moved from their usual patrol. So the first pack is heading for you, replacements appear and you shoot one - and the replacement set also aggroes. You shoot it and the replacement for that also aggroes and... things get really hairy really fast. I've died a couple of times from completely "simple" situations because I decided to off a zombie rather than crawl past. Learned my lesson and these days with pistols being so weak to begin with, I just generally crawl past them all... shooting = bad idea.

• Like 1

This is true. Any non-silenced weapon is now a DInner Bell. Fired a pistol in novy, pulled damn near every zed from it + stary. The hearing "fix" gave every zed the ability to hear a mouse's fart. I now refuse to fire any weapon in town other than a SD-loaded rifle/pistol.

True, true. But Lee Enfield is still Big Ben Dinner Bell, where other weapons just dinner bell like this:

4243649-a-picture-of-a-very-old-bell-hanging-on-a-dairy-farm.jpg

And I found nice MK48 Mod 0 on dead survivor. Another nice zombie attractor :) Around his body was over 20 zombies bodies and only 3 small bouldings in neighborhood.

Edited by Dudeist

True, true. But Lee Enfield is still Big Ben Dinner Bell, where other weapons just dinner bell like this:

4243649-a-picture-of-a-very-old-bell-hanging-on-a-dairy-farm.jpg

And I found nice MK48 Mod 0 on dead survivor. Another nice zombie attractor :) Around his body was over 20 zombies bodies and only 3 small bouldings in neighborhood.

Proves that the respawns are somewhat aggressive - there really shouldn't be that many zombies at once, except that they just keep coming if you aggro a few. Not sure if it is a bug or if Rocket is being slightly evil... I guess I would bet on "evil change to make infected more terrifying". If so, it is working - I wouldn't dare to shoot any unless absolutely needed (and even then I plan on making a run for it shortly afterwards)

Proves that the respawns are somewhat aggressive - there really shouldn't be that many zombies at once, except that they just keep coming if you aggro a few. Not sure if it is a bug or if Rocket is being slightly evil... I guess I would bet on "evil change to make infected more terrifying". If so, it is working - I wouldn't dare to shoot any unless absolutely needed (and even then I plan on making a run for it shortly afterwards)

I think, zombies aggression and health now is connected with problems after ARMA2/dayz update. PIstols now useless. I started shot only because I was bleeding and can't use my bandages. Now only way to survive when shots, go closest buildng and camp in door. Or shot where few zombies just.

I started dayz maybe 2 weeks ago and zombies agression and weapons damage was very good, balanced. Pistols was my fav. weapon, now Im not using it mostly, but Hatchet/axe. Now is see dayz going wrong direction if will be still like this. And watches and Coke very popular last dayz I see.

Oh god...

And they just don't stop do they?

Still comming ;) All Lee Enfield ammo used, axing then sad end :)