Sign in to follow this  
TheWeedMan

Helicopter Crash Site Smoke

Hey

I was wondering if anyone could help me with this. Ive tried many different variants graphic settings wise but still cannot see the smoke. Odd tho because I could before the Steam update of Arma2.

Does anyone know which settings control this?

you smoke too much as it is weedman!

• Like 2

AFAIK smoke only appears if the crash site is "fresh" enough.

As for me, I've only seen it once, stumbling upon a crash site near Vybor right after the restart.

Edited by Mrksjke

I thought this was the case myself, but ive seen smoke at heli site 2hrs+ after a server restart and other times ive seen ones straight after server restart with zero smoke

There should only be smoke above heli crashes caused by player flown helis. The random generated military loot crashes shouldnt smoke at all. By all means I never encountered smoking zombie crash spawns at all...

Some people can see it, some don´t. In my case i can see the smoke only, if i am far away. when i get closer tho the helo, the smoke vanishes, i guess it´s some sort of bug and i don´t know if you can change it by setting different graphic options. At the moment some graphicshizzle appears from military corpses and for some players it helped to set the graphicmemory in the graphicsettings to default. maybe it could help.

so long Rudson

There should only be smoke above heli crashes caused by player flown helis. The random generated military loot crashes shouldnt smoke at all. By all means I never encountered smoking zombie crash spawns at all...

That is not true.

As Mrksjke stated earlier smoke from helis appear only when they're fresh. Meaning that it will last about 1-2 hours after a server has restarted. I have literally searched through tens of heli crash sites at night, day, right before server restart, right after - I know what I'm talking about.

On a side note, this is a little pic of 2 helis smoking right after a server restart:

http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/938125451999435920/EE10686996C7F037AA805F551AF3E538F906CCDD/

(one is right infront of me, the other one is a bit further back on the top left corner)

So is anyone any the wiser as to which Graphic config actualy displays the smoke?

same issue here. going around with 2 other people and they can see the smoke when i cant. i even reloaded with there gfx options settings and still no smoke.

That is not true.

As Mrksjke stated earlier smoke from helis appear only when they're fresh. Meaning that it will last about 1-2 hours after a server has restarted. I have literally searched through tens of heli crash sites at night, day, right before server restart, right after - I know what I'm talking about.

On a side note, this is a little pic of 2 helis smoking right after a server restart:

http://cloud.steampo...F3E538F906CCDD/

(one is right infront of me, the other one is a bit further back on the top left corner)

Thanks, that's new to me and looks quite legit!

It wouldnt bother me so much if I'd never seen the smoke before lol its the fact that I used to see it fine until now.