Silvertain

So i'm a murderer now:[

Hello,

This is basicly a post in the hopes my victim will read this. In all my time gaming I have never had a experiance that has played on my mind so much I have literlay lost sleep over this lame as it sounds but this is how bad I feel about it.

Basicly after trying to be a nice guy and getting killed constantly I would always say friendly no matter what and 9 times out of 10 get shot in the face! Anyway after all this I decided I would avoid all human contact and its worked my guy has survived for weeks now and he has scavanged every piece of gear you would want I found a DMR and was tramping around stary at night with NV on and spotted a flare by the tents. I watched a guy loot tents through my scope and I honestly dont know why but I shot him! I watched him lie there with a fountain of blood pouring out of him for a few mins then decided to have a closer look.

Once I got close to this guy I realised he wasnt dead he was pointing his pistol at me but didnt shoot however this is the bit I feel horrible about when I got within range he said over the VOIP "Please dont kill me" or " please dont hurt me" I couldnt quite make it out but I shot him with my pistol. The thing that gets me is he sounded so sad when he said this like I was ruining his fun for no reason which I was really and I wish I didnt do it I wish i could go back and shout out to him maybe we could have been friends who knows. I couldnt even bring myself to look at his gear I was so disgusted with myself now I cant really bring myself to play dayz as I know at some point I will have to interacte with people. i have over 550 zed kills and this 1 murder always reminding me of the guys sad voice:[.

When Karma catches up to me I hope its you mate who gets the kill and my gear and if you are reading this I really am sorry.

• Like 8

Thats how I used to feel, life in the wilderness has hardened me a bit though. I try to still be friendly to people, but now when one aims at me with a gun and I no longer feel safe, I don't take the risk any longer...

hahahah fag

Nice flaming

"Nice spamming / irrelevant posting"

There.

What a touching post.

I've personally gotten fed up with getting killed, so I've decided to go with the shoot-on-sight policy. I'm not a murderer fucktard, I've converted to banditry. If the player is unarmed, I will not kill. But I can't risk walking away if they're armed and then have them actually track me or find me two minutes later.

Silvertain; /salute

Nice flaming

"Nice spamming / irrelevant posting"

There.

Jimmies rustled like crazy

Usually if I'm grounded by a shot to the knee and the guy is just standing above me with the gun pointing at my head, I'm like "HEEY! HOW YOU DOIN'?"

Sometimes I forgot 98% of the internet consists out of assholes...

even bandits plead for mercy he could have well killed you in a previous life

The number is a lot higher than that.. optimist much?

You're a real glass-half-full kinda person if you think it's just the internet.

I had tears in my eyes when a guy with a hatchet and an ALICE pack exposed himself and I chased him down. Then I started crying again when I had myself a new backpack.

Don't get all sentimental, just kill the poor bastard.

I had a somewhat similar experience on NL 13 server yesterday. I also do not feel like playing the Elektro/Cherno deathmatch and generally want to avoid contact with other players as most of them tend to be homicidial maniacs. Now this wasn't my very first murder - I had killed one guy at night in Cherno supermarket, basically in self-defense, several days earlier in another life but since he was a recently-spawned almost gearless guy, I doubt it was a big deal either way. Beyond that I had laid some potshots towards some players in the past (mostly to scare them off), never causing more than a small injury and allowing me to safely vacate the area.

But yesterday I became an "accidental" murderer.

I was doing some long range trekking along the northern woods, search for campsites and hidden vehicles. I had aquired a shiny new DMR sniper rifle from one such site a bit earlier and then...

Sound of a chopper...

It flies above me, south to north, then circles back towards south and hovers far above me. I'm out in the open so I bolt towards the closest forest and hide. The chopper lingers for a bit and then heads north out of view. I thought "okay, didn't seem to want to pick a fight so no harm done" and continue on my journey. I cross a hill and then a valley heading south-southeast and end up close to the deer stand slightly east of Devil's Castle. I snipe off the zombies and check it out (nothing much there) and as I get down from the deer stand, I hear the chopper again. I manage about 20m and I'm in the middle of the forest which isn't very thick and the chopper is hovering much lower, nose towards west with the side open towards me. I'm fairly sure I'm about to be shot by the gunner and hesitate for a second. Still no shots but the chopper is there, not moving. I decide to take a couple of potshots which I assume would drive the chopper away - who wants to risk their shiny new toy - so I take aim with DMR, aiming directly at the side door and fire off 3 shots. I fully expect them to miss or just ding the hull. The chopper jerks a bit and I'm instantly mugged by infected - looks like the chopper entered the range of the Deer Stand when hovering and caused the three military zombies to respawn - and they dislike the noise my DMR makes. So I bolt through the woods to shake them off - two fall behind and third one is shot to the head after a short dash. No biggy. Bandage, bit of meat, all fine... moving on.

...then I notice my Murder count is at 1. I had completely missed any "killed" message as the infected drove me to run away.

Damn, my "potshots" must have killed a guy aboard that chopper. I had not killed anyone before that after the most recent coastal excursion... Well, that probably did the trick scaring them off if one of the passengers suddenly got a DMR bullet to the head :blush:

Still, I felt sorry. I had no intention to kill - I was just trying to survive and with the chopper being in position to shoot at me while I was holding a shiny new sniper rifle... I acted on instinct and... fired. So whoever didn't return from that chopper flight due to the encounter... My apologies. I'm usually not that good shot but I guess DMR is pretty accurate...

Edited by Jarnis

I'm like you Jarnis. I try to avoid contact with other players cause I don't like murdering. Self-defense is different however, and it sounded like you had a right to shoot. You were threatened, had a shiny new gun you didn't want to lose, and for all you know the guy was just toying with you while he drew a bead. I have no idea why he ws hovering like that over you if for no other reasons than to A( kill you or B( offer a ride. I would have done the same thing.