Sign in to follow this  
axchicago

Issue Fixing Helicopter -ADVANCED-

Hi everyone.

So here's the deal. I need your help and advice. My group and I found a Chopper, not a crash site, one you can fix. BUT...notice the big "but" the god damn thing is under water. lol. haha. yea get it out. It's the most annoying thing ever! (no i won't say where or what server)...SO, we have seemingly figured out a way to fix the thing

...but here is the deal...the first time one of my guys got in the thing, it fucken EXPLODED!

Now here's my actual question...Once we complete all the repairs on the thing and obviously fill her up, is it just going to explode again becuase it's in the water, or did it just explode becuase we didn't have it completely fixed?

I'd really like a response...so I know whether or not to spend some time on this thing or to let it go...

Thanks in advance for your response.

+Ch!cago+

Edited by +Ch!cago+

Hi everyone.

So here's the deal. I need your help and advice. My group and I found a Chopper, not a crash site, one you can fix. BUT...notice the big "but" the god damn thing is under water. lol. haha. yea get it out. It's the most annoying thing ever! (no i won't say where or what server)...SO, he have seemingly figured out a way to fix the thing

...but here is the deal...the first time one of my guys got in the thing, it fucken EXPLODED!

Now here's my actual question...Once we complete all the repairs on the thing and obviously fill her up, is it just going to explode again becuase it's in the water, or did it just explode becuase we didn't have it completely fixed?

I'd really like a response...so I know whether or not to spend some time on this thing or to let it go...

Thanks in advance for your response.

+Ch!cago+

It will explode, after you replace the part it will instantly break again.

It will explode, after you replace the part it will instantly break again.

Becuase it's in the water? I mean, i've seen one flying since the new update...

I wouldn't suggest to keep trying with it.

probably due to it being bugged underwater whenever someone enters and it tries to sync up with that person it explodes.

so....my advice is don't do it, you have less than 1% chance to get it working

• Like 1

so....my advice is don't do it, you have less than 1% chance to get it working

-Noted-

might dink around a bit more, but I was kind of already feeling the same way.

Best Chance is to prolly hope Anders sees this or pm him asking nicely to respawn it.

Best Chance is to prolly hope Anders sees this or pm him asking nicely to respawn it.

BUT I WANT IT NOW!!! lol...

thanks guys, might just use it as bait at this point.

I am having the same problem, only the chopper is in the ocean...and i havent tried to carry items out to fix it in the ocean becauase i figure even if i can fix it, it will blow up upon take off...SO, i restart the server, but nothing, it's still there in the water...i even tried shooting the tale of the chopper with a as50 to blow it up thinking that would hlep it repawn but not luck...anybody have this problem or any way to fix it?

Same problem on my server. :(

Entering as pilot blows instandly the heli up. No way to getting it out of water. After each restart it spawns on the same place under water, repairable but...

And the real problem is, that the arma2oaserver.RPT file grows rapidly up to many Gigabytes due to the dammage messages of the underwater-heli.

Must i realy go to the dark side and use a vehicle teleport hack, just for fixing the bugy heli ??!! ( as server admin ! on my own server !!! )

Yeah, water will make it explode every time. Copters + water = angries!

If you explode the chopper and then SAVE the exploded chopper, it should disappear on next restart and respawn at a random chopper spawn location in 7 days.

Edited by Venthos

Ok, here is the trick:

* Go to the chopper.

* if you can't enter the chopper while swimming, ask someone to break your leg.

* enter the chopper as pilot and let it blow up.

* die

* come back to the chopper

* if you can't save the chopper while swimming, ask someone to break your leg.

* save the chopper

* wait for the next server restart, or restart it yourself if you can.

* enjoy to see that the chopper doesnt spawn anymore under water

* wait a week for the next chopper spawn at one of the spawn points

Edited by coolcow