Sign in to follow this  
Devmagic

Base Wiping

So does anyone have any stories of a time where you thought your base was safe and then the server restarts and then BAM! it's all gone now.

This time we were hidden just north of the PBX spawn, totally on the in game map on an undisclosed server with about 8 vehicles and 4 tents, the server restarted about 20 mins ago, log back on and shit just got wiped, all that hard work for nothing.

Anyone else have any feelings of injustice when it comes to matters like this? This isn't the first time this has happened and really ticks me off that not only bandits and the likes can create a threat, but so can the game itself, completely negating my survival style of play making me think that maybe i should just grab my sniper rifle and join all the noob killers in cherno till they sort it out.

This isn't a bitchy thread in the least just seeing if anyone else had had this issue.

8 vehicles?

Why the hell do you need 8 vehicles? Also yeah that sucks. I hate losing anything in this game that takes any time to obtain.

It's Alpha, I didn't pay for the mod, I didn't pay for, or manage the server... it's to be expected.

Yes have had same issue, it's sometimes a bad server restart keep checking back maybe you will get lucky and it will all show up again.

On a side note hoarding vehicles like that and giving away your location albeit not the server (by the way this area is a common hiding place) will only lead to heartache eventually, just accept you will lose it all and remember you found it once before and go on the adventure again. But I would advise against keeping all your eggs in one basket, 2 or 3 vehicles tops in one location.

Sometimes it bugs out when it restarts, if you can, contact the admin of the server and see if they can restart it again. My group had the same issue but one of our group was the admin and upon another restart all of our stuff was back. He would definitely do the same for other players in the server if they had the same thing happen to them.

My regular server sometimes restarts again out of schedule, after the admins find out none of the vehicles and tents have loaded. Could be a buggy server restart... Oh, and once you get a helicopter up in the air, the hidden vehicles are much easier to find!

No such thing as, "Hidden" on a server anyone can join. I find hidden stuff all the time, usually breaking, eating or flattening anything I find. I have started to call any random band that follows me along the, "Locusts". We devour everything, then move on.

It's actually really fun, finding tents and vehicles with guns and food, just to eat the food, flatten the tents with the vehicles, then take a joyride and wreck or flip our new toys... Then save them where we left them.

But yeah, some servers wipe everything on some restarts. Sucks, and usually that stuff is gone forever. I've lost many trucks, tents and whatnot because of that. Infact, I'm about to lose another camp because my home server won't patch so I can get on and save my stuff. Oh well, nothing of any real value.

Oh no they were spread out but we checked all the of them but to no avail, we checked other camps as well and there is no tents anywhere. i think it might be complete wipe or poor restart. The admin and his group did lose their heli last night, you think it might be a bit of foul play for fresh heli spawn?