Sign in to follow this  
arkwolf@bigpond.com

Rollback hacking damage!

So basically a group of hackers on our server spawned a LUX and a shit ton of C4 and blew the shit out of everyones base's, As the admin when I find players bases my group always leaves there vechiles for the reason that if a hacker comes on we can compair camps and see if anything is lost. This was obviously a hacker as when we logged in both camps that are on opposite sides of the map were destroyed.

Anyway long story short is it possibly to rollback what the hackers have done and resume it from a previous server save? If so how!

So basically a group of hackers on our server spawned a LUX and a shit ton of C4 and blew the shit out of everyones base's, As the admin when I find players bases my group always leaves there vechiles for the reason that if a hacker comes on we can compair camps and see if anything is lost. This was obviously a hacker as when we logged in both camps that are on opposite sides of the map were destroyed.

Anyway long story short is it possibly to rollback what the hackers have done and resume it from a previous server save? If so how!

Just deal with it and move on. There is nothing you can do to retrieve lost gear, but you found it once so you can find it again.

See thats a response I would expect to hear "deal with it" Sure thats good and all but I am running a SERVER not a character! If my community decided after this hack attempt to LEAVE and find another home server I lose DONATIONS! With out donations us server hosters cant keep our server RUNNING.

So its great to act like "oh man tough it out" But not its not "good". All our servers are connected to a HIVE and therefor there must be a way to roll back to a previous save point.

I am fine when I lost my gear to hackers but as I said when the entire server loses there gear its just not on... Ever since the first gaming servers ever made you could roll back data so its stupid if its not possible.

Edited by arkwolf

U wont see a rollback mainly for the following reasons.

U didnt pay for the game directly so u got it basicly as-is, paying for the engine doesnt count when it comes to mods...

Its ALPHA which mean dev's got better things than worry over lost items i.e stamping out bugs + adding features + tweaking..

Gettin the game ready for a real release & so they can start getting more direct money flow.

U never assume your get to keep your stuff in alpha / beta. Look @ all lost stuff over ghille bugs..

The fact the game is fun & playable & amount of players at this stage is v.nice, but it doesnt mean its release ready yet...

Also u would need to prove that it was a hacking, otherwise it would set a precedant where everyone would start saying there blow up tents was caused by hackers just to hopefully get there stuff back. When it could haven been caused by maclious people in your group. Or just pain bad luck....

If u are unable to afford to keep the server running, it sucks but oh well, u can always play on another server

Edited by Torndeco