Sign in to follow this  
Razzle Dazzle

Hacking is getting out of control

Why cant something be done by a client side script that kills the whole server and spawns vehicles and teleports people. Its getting to the point of why pay for the server if nothing is going to be done about it. Do you guys notice this in your servers

• Like 1

Why cant something be done by a client side script that kills the whole server and spawns vehicles and teleports people. Its getting to the point of why pay for the server if nothing is going to be done about it. Do you guys notice this in your servers

Yup, it's awful. I've almost given up hosting servers cause there is just no way to detect them with the piece of flaming shit that is Battle Eye.

The actual entire issue is with the Database/HIVE itself , they are injecting the Database and grabbing the info and then using it to port people and such!

*******************Link Removed******************** <--here is a link of how they are actually doing the scripts!

I said, the next person to link a Hack Site will be Banned

Didn't see it, not my problem...

http://dayzmod.com/forum/index.php?/topic/52196-pending-update-build-1725/page__st__420#entry511944

I'll say it again...

The next person to link a Hack Site wiil be Banned.

Edited by Boneboys

It's got to a point where I don't fear Zombies or bandits, just hackers. Nothing ruins a great night more than it ending with a teleport execution, bombs falling from the sky or some invincible guy in a ghillie suit taking out your whole squad and everyone else on the server.

One of my guild mates made a comment last night that was kinda depressing. After a hacking incident (that would be the above ghillie guy) someone asked where he was. He said he wasn't in game, he was too scared to login just be be hacked.

I don't mind dying legit firefights, snipers or epic zombie disasters... but losing everything to a hacker makes each restart more bitter, in fact I can't remember the last time I died that wasn't suspicious. This wasn't so much of a problem for the likes of CS, BF or CoD... you change servers, respawn and lose nothing but time. In a game where death = everything gone it's a disaster.

Lets hope the standalone came can do something about it

Vas.

As a server admin I am beginning to wonder if this is worth my time and money.

Every couple of weeks I spend more of my time parsing logs and banning fucktards than I do playing the game.

Its ridiculous that this engine even allows for client side script injection, I can understand that some functionality requires it but its pretty damn easy to differentiate between what is allowed and what isn't.

The lack of control over this bullshit is beginning to make even trying to enjoy DayZ a fucking headache, much less paying for a server for it.

• Like 3

As a server admin I am beginning to wonder if this is worth my time and money.

Every couple of weeks I spend more of my time parsing logs and banning fucktards than I do playing the game.

Its ridiculous that this engine even allows for client side script injection, I can understand that some functionality requires it but its pretty damn easy to differentiate between what is allowed and what isn't.

The lack of control over this bullshit is beginning to make even trying to enjoy DayZ a fucking headache, much less paying for a server for it.

I agree whole heartily with this post and am beginning to wonder why I paid to host a server to play this game. our server got totally fucked recently and i'm thinking to myself "Why the fuck am I paying $50 (2 months renting a server with 1 person donating $10) to have a ton of fucktards come in and Hack - spawn in items to ruin the entire server population just so they can get their wooden epeen and go looky what I did!"

Come on Rocket/BattleEye put an end to all this non sense bullshit and let those of us who want to play this game legit, able to play it and enjoy it. Other wise I don't see any future in your Standalone version!

• Like 1

i just just cancled my server due to the fact i cant kick and ban users exploiting cheating and hacking maybe one day ill get another till then a big burden off my shoulders.

Agreed, on a server today,on someone elses server to demo how the game works to a friend, 20 mins in, everyone in server all dies at the same time, bye bye 19 days of play time.

I just can't be bothered to do it again when i know for a fact all these scripts are just out there for anyone who wants them.

Alpha? yes it might be, but hackers paradise? well count me out then.

one less thing to put on my christmas list to buy anyway.

Edited by VKleita

I took mine down.

Hacking is already out of control. As an administrator the only effective way is looking at the direct chat and see who says anything about hacks, found already 10 people this way. Another problem is even if we report a hacker nothing is done with the logs here (last update of ban list is couple of weeks ago), and if Battleye catches a person he can just buy a new game key for $10.

I'll just stop playing and move on with vanilla Arma 2 again. No point in spending any time to keep the server clean as well, simply no way whatsoever to administrate anything. Spending >$80 is not worth it.

It's got to a point where I don't fear Zombies or bandits, just hackers. Nothing ruins a great night more than it ending with a teleport execution, bombs falling from the sky or some invincible guy in a ghillie suit taking out your whole squad and everyone else on the server.

One of my guild mates made a comment last night that was kinda depressing. After a hacking incident (that would be the above ghillie guy) someone asked where he was. He said he wasn't in game, he was too scared to login just be be hacked.

I don't mind dying legit firefights, snipers or epic zombie disasters... but losing everything to a hacker makes each restart more bitter, in fact I can't remember the last time I died that wasn't suspicious. This wasn't so much of a problem for the likes of CS, BF or CoD... you change servers, respawn and lose nothing but time. In a game where death = everything gone it's a disaster.

Lets hope the standalone came can do something about it

Vas.

That would be me. Hey Vas! I've gotten over that now i think... But yeh its getting ridiculous, in the last 24 hours i've had two AS50 Thermal 'Terminator', two 'Invisible dude' and one Thunderdome encounter(s). Cant believe i survived them all. You guys (my guild mates) just keep taking all the bullets for me lolol

Last night some genius teleported EVERY in-game vehicle to one location (Coast north of Otmel), five of us each grabbed a vehicle and convoyed around the map for the next couple of hours. I'll take that bit of hacking/scripting but the rest can just fuck right off.

Edited by dang

It's gotten to the point now were we just wont play DayZ until something is done with hacking or allow us to password protect our server.

I said, the next person to link a Hack Site will be Banned

Didn't see it, not my problem...

http://dayzmod.com/f...420#entry511944

I'll say it again...

The next person to link a Hack Site wiil be Banned.

If you start banning server hosts for trying to educate themselves on why their servers are hacked on a hour to hour basis, I am pretty sure that DayZ will start losing its humble server hosts.

I for one are starting to get very VERY worried about the current disrespect toward us hosters.

The boarder between not going private hive and going private hive is getting awfully thin.

Edited by andret

I really feel for you server hosts & admins; if not for you, DayZ would not be as popular as it is right now. Sadly, here are some rough stats based on limited public Internet resources, meaning they are in no way conclusive but...

• in the last month the DayZ server population has increased by +50%
  • in the past week player population on servers during server peak hours has dropped by 10 - 30%
  • in the past 48 hours player population on servers during server peak hours has dropped by 30 - 50%
  • in the past 12 hours server population (servers online at this time) has dropped by 10%

Ouch!

This mod has gone viral over the past few months, chiefly by word of mouth. But now I feel bad for friends of mine who have just picked up the Arma2 Combat Operations on Steam for the explicit purpose of playing DayZ --by my recommendation-- only to experience a plague of hackers worse than a Biblical swarm of locusts. I am now warning friends to stay away from Arma2: CO and DayZ till this rampant hacker issue gets resolved.

Edited by Ragotag

The simple conclusion is that BE is not fit for purpose.

They are extremely slow to issue updates, it has no other functionality than it's core engine - it is simply a poor anti-cheat solution. The writers clearly think that that writing a check for a specific script file is adequate to defend against it's use. It is not.

We're having a discussion right now as to whether to continue hosting DayZ.