Last night my friends and I were returning northwards from Electro. We had gone to the town as a group (1 x quad, 1 x minibus) and as usual tried to generally help people, we successfully gave an unarmed fresh spawn a lift to town, dropped off morphine to another and helped flip over a quadbike (we dont actually go into town, too dangerous, we ask those to come to the outer edge). We enjoy(ed) doing runs to help people, generally these have gone without a hitch, there is always the 'oh shit I hope they just dont open fire moments'.

We were returning back north when two armed to the teeth ghillie clad bandits opened up on us as we were driving, within a few seconds they had killed 3 of us, I was coming in the top 3 on leaderboard, 340 ish kills, no murders, no bandit kills but I was pretty geared out, never got a chance to do anything, as I was driving I took a headshot bringing their murder count up to 4. (After respawning I passed them both as they were nearing Electro, im guessing they were on their way there to grief people when they saw us heading up the highway. I am still not sure why two fully geared bandits want to grief new people in Electro, why not head to Stary or the Airfield...)

My daughter was now the only one left alive, bleeding badly and she managed to change to the drivers seat of the minibus and take the vehicle to safety. I didnt want to risk her character and the minibus to get our gear so I told her to abandon it. The minibus basically has some ammo, food and medical supplies however it makes getting places quickly a blessing so it was a priority to protect it.

Our little group originally started out with 10, after last nights ambush 2 more people decided that it was enough and they rage quitted. I do hope they will come back but that now leaves our group with 4... we lost the quad bike but managed to keep the minibus so we are sorta still in action.

Whoever those bandits were clocked up 4 more murders just from our group alone...

• Like 1

See my sig to get help. I can't help myself at the moment or I would.

Also, if you're really into the type of thing you're doing there, you may want to consider joining us.

We maintain the thread in my sig and answer as many calls for help as possible, but with such low numbers in comparison to the amount of patients we get we can only do so much.

Edited by Askar

Medic down Part #2 !

Here goes with my running commentary. Last night was probably the worst night for us in some time, everything that could go wrong did ...

Ok it started out with 4 of us, our band is shrinking fast and after our adventure our number dropped to 3 ...

We loaded up the car and figured that we would do one last run south, the intent was to look for ATVs that bug out on the bridges, we patch them up, flip them over and drive them away. Its a good way of keeping our fleet going and has been working to date.

Driving south, we came across our first ATV, it was already upright which was a first for us, so one of us jumped out of the minibus and climbed on the ATV, scored, our little convoy moved south. I stopped just outside of one of the cities to check my map and some cheeky bugger ran across the road and jumped in. We then continued south and our new passenger asked if we could pick up his friend, who was near balota, we agreed and found his friend after a few minutes, right after picking up his friend we also picked up another stranger that was being chased by zombies, he quickly jumped in as well.

So now we have myself (driver), one of our team and 3 strangers in the car, one of our team on the quadbike which was following us. Getting away from the beach we proceeded north, the plan was to drop off our new friends at Zelengorsk's supermarket. Just after pavola we saw a survivor laying on the road, a zombie was eating him but it looked like he was still alive. We also saw that he had a gun (we normally do not pick up people with guns). We pulled up and one of our new friends jumped out and bandaged him while one of our team took out the zombie. We gave him morphine and he jumped into the car.

Everything went well until we pulled up at Zelen, I stopped in the carpark adjacent to the supermarket and let them all out. Shit hit the fan, the guy we bandaged and saved cut loose with his gun, he managed to kill the other 2 new people in the carpark and hit our minibus really hard, I died again however our teammember jumped into the drivers seat and sped the bus out of town. Our quadbike had already gone ahead to the servo on the northside of town so was spared. I was dead... all the new people were dead and the bus was beat up bad, all windows were gone, engine and hull damaged badly.

Ive had enough, as of now we will no longer be picking up or helping anyone else again for some time.

I spawned, on my way back to see if my corpse was still there the server crashed... corpse gone. I got back on the server and rejoined the remaining 2 of our party and started to gear back up.

Then a hacker hit the server, we were all summoned to the airport in the NW and a message came across the screen about 'welcome to the thunderdome' or some shit, we quickly aborted the game and changed servers.

Now.. this caused us a problem, even though we were summoned to the airport and subsequently aborted, our vehicles were left unmanned along the road, we tried to get back on the server but this had then been taken down and took a long time to come back up again, we had changed servers in the meantime and proceeded to run back to where the vehicles were. We dropped into the supermarket at Vybor, 3 of us, when all of a sudden (not sure if it was a hacker or not) but loud music started being spammed in direct communication, then all 3 of us were killed. Our last remaining clanmember cautiously headed towards our building and then was one shotted as well. All members dead.

Sigh..

Ok lets start walking back to get our corpses..

Oh shit.. server going down... all corpses lost..

Well. 1 member rage quitted, gone. Swearing and promising to not come back (the other 2 still havent come back either that rage quitted the night before). Honestly I dont blame them, between the senseless killings and hackers its making things a bit tough and you need to be hardcore to keep trying.

Now there were 3, no gear, we had two vehicles somewhere north but we still had our tents albeit our supplies were really running low after so many deaths, regearing and dying again.

By the time we reached the cars, 1 had to go to bed leaving the 2 of us, we got the minibus and quad and hid them then we took the minibus out to scavenge for parts at the factory near polana, the bus was in bad shape after the backstabber opened up on us at Zelen, driving through a town near Polana I did the unthinkable... I hit some rubbish :(, the bus was already hurt bad so it exploded, killed me instantly but my partner was thrown out and bleeding. She aborted real quick, called it a night and went to bed.

Sigh.. started running back naked from Electro, found some stuff along the way and bang, server crashed...

Changed servers and continue running back.. in the dark... no compass...

Changed back to our server (it had come back up) and proceeded to the spot where we crashed and burned, now, this is probably the only time a crash or whatever actually benefitted us, the minibus was sitting there, intact ... my body was nowhere to be seen BUT THE BUS WAS THERE !

Got in, drove it to safety and camped.

Team now numbers 3.

• Like 1

From the sounds of it you might have more luck having two cars, one going up ahead and setting up a distance from where the bus is going to stop with a rifle to encourage people not to cause trouble. I'm playing on AU1 every now and then and am happy to help if you're looking for more members.