Sign in to follow this  
sirxazor

anybody else using trackIR / freetrack?

for the last couple of months I have been using free-track with a modified logitech webcam and it changed the way I play games, today I got my TrackIR 5 and WOW what a difference everything is so much smooth... anyways

I was wondering if any of you guys trying out head tracking on DayZ, I personally think that it makes this game 1000x better when you have head tracking enabled, I just can't explain it just need to show people on videos and stuff lol.

I could never get freetrack to work. Dont know if my web cam sucks but... Yeah.

Could you maybe link me to a few vids? And if it's a download, maybe the link? I've seen this in a video and I want to try it.

I might be thinking of something different actually, kinda curious what it is actually.

Edited by Tenebris Draco

I could never get freetrack to work. Dont know if my web cam sucks but... Yeah.

Did you remove the IR filter on the webcam? also check that the cam has min of 30 fps at 320 x 240 resolution and just play with the camera settings till it works lol

• Like 1

Could you maybe link me to a few vids? And if it's a download, maybe the link? I've seen this in a video and I want to try it.

I might be thinking of something different actually, kinda curious what it is actually.

it changes the way you play... forever! when a game doesnt support trackIR and I move my head around and nothing happens I get VERY jelly.

Did you remove the IR filter on the webcam? also check that the cam has min of 30 fps at 320 x 240 resolution and just play with the camera settings till it works lol

Well ill be .... Thanks for this. Not near my computer at the moment ,b ut you are the first person to even respond with a possible issue i might have. Gives me something to look at. Thank you sir

I love mine... originally got it for Falcon and loved it there. Dramatically increases your field of view. Not literally but since you can freely glance around it improves visibility. Especially good for driving in 1st person or flying. However, it'll take some time to get used to finding center again sometimes. (Looking around a lot, then trying to find where your gun is pointing/center.) Not an issue in 3rd person. And only takes a little time to get used to recentering, or just right click to ironsites.

Can't live without TrackIR. I've had it for a few years for flight sims and racing sims but I've always tipped my hat to ArmA II for including it too. In DayZ it's like it's paid for itself all over again.