islandjack1

I'd like to see it impossible to shoot unarmed players

With my apologies to Clint Eastwood:

Little Bill Daggett: Well, sir, you are a cowardly son of a bitch! You just shot an unarmed man!

Will Munny: Well, he should have armed himself if he's going to decorate his saloon with my friend, and probably will in a minute.

For the record, I won't SOS under most circumstances but most survivors seem to be either psychopaths or cowards so sorry, no invincibility for anyone.

I would like to see everyone who makes suggestions like this, get a divine bullet from god himself, right in their fucking skull!

Vulgarity is the last refuge of the uneducated.

I don't see how people can get so butthurt over losing a box of midol, a snot-rag, and a nightlight. You get all these things back when you respawn.

We should really just let this drop off the front page. If everyone would kindly stop posting... xD

(wait, crap..I'm about to. Oh well.)

It's not the loot, its the time wasted looking for items, then dying before getting any.

"The great pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do."

The only reason you are being killed is most probably that you are doing the same thing. Most newbies run around with a chem light in there mouth screaming look at me look at me. Einsteins definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result. Yes you are getting shot. How about you move from cover to cover. I am not trying to troll you or tell you that you are stupid but I am not the oldest player of this game. Going on a little over a week now. But I have managed to only be killed a couple of times. Most of the time I was killed because I was looking at a map in dayzdb in a stupid location in the middle of a open field. But exercise a bit of caution and you will be fine. Remember it is a patience game. Wait... Look... Listen... Then approach.... I have spent up to 10 minutes scoping a place before proceeding. If you value your characters life show it respect. I will not shoot an unarmed player personally. Only if they are heading straight towards me looking like a psycho lol...

Changing a game how you are suggesting may make it more inviting for noobies but as soon as you start to get a little more experience in the game you will hate the words you say.

I would like to see everyone who makes suggestions like this, get a divine bullet from god himself, right in their fucking skull!

Nice!

Being an asshole to people, with ridicules suggestions, have nothing to do with education ;)

In fact, people with a high level of education tends to become arrogant and look down upon other people with lesser or no education, and therefore also talk down to them.

"The unskilled E-warrior will make threads all day QQ-ing how unfair it is he was but to the sword!" - SlimLacy 2012 to a QQ-er who wanted to be invincible upon spawn.

Being an asshole to people, with ridicules suggestions, have nothing to do with education ;)

In fact, people with a high level of education tends to become arrogant and look down upon other people with lesser or no education, and therefore also talk down to them.

"The unskilled E-warrior will make threads all day QQ-ing how unfair it is he was but to the sword!" - SlimLacy 2012 to a QQ-er who wanted to be invincible upon spawn.

That "ridiculous".

I guess every idea that you don't agree with is "ridicules".

If everyone said the same thing this would be a boring forum.

Also, what is QQ-ing? Not up on text/nerd speak.

Couldn't the poster have expressed himself without the swearing? That was my point.

Edited by islandjack1

The DayZ team are building this game as authentic as possible. That means while it may suck that you sometimes get killed right away it is going to happen.

I've only given this a minute or two to think on and here are problems that would happen which would require other regulations to mediate.

Players would...

1. ...round up a bunch of zombies, then run into another survivor, training them onto the other person.

2. ...run up to other survivors and steal items out of their bag

3. ...blatantly run into valuable loot areas (Cherno, Elektro, NWAF, Starry, crash sites) to pick up items, then return to their friends or camp outside town

4. ...drop their weapons to become invincible when they see other players about to loot something they want

5. ...steal vehicles from other players, forcing them to damage/destroy their own vehicle

I'm sure there are other ways it could be exploited. Overall, this is a bad idea. If you are unarmed, then everything you have should be easily obtainable. Don't QQ over a bandage and painkillers.

If you have a hard time finding a weapon, then you're searching the wrong kind of buildings or something. Go to the military spawns in Cherno / Elektro (fire houses, military tents) or barns elsewhere. You can get by easily with just a hatchet and they're one of the easiest things to find.

The game WILL change this, it HAS to else it will die when it becomes a paid game.

The head in the sand, sarcastic, dinosaur, old school mentality that this thread has attracted means jack compared to the requirements of making the game as accessible as possible to THE MASSES (and I don't meed the zombie hordes).

It's maximum revenue full steam ahead, and all this old school BS will die with it.