Sign in to follow this  
ikonane

Cant move character ingame [Frozen]

I and some other people I talked to ingame has got a strange problem after the latest patch [1.5.8.4]; we cant move our characters when joined the server.

It started that I joined a SE server this morning and I could walk around with my character but I had bandit gloves on (never killed a survivor or bandit) and I reacted to it so I pressed numpad enter to see in 3rd person view what my character looked liked but he was not there. My character was invisible.

I thought this was strange but aborted and joined another server, now I was back to normal and could walk around and everything. I played for ~30-40 minutes before I disconnected because of "No message received for 30 seconds". Then I joined again and my last progress was not saved, I was back at the same place where I started this morning and I had the bandit gloves on and I could not move or do anything. The player was totally frozen.

I talked to some guys in chat and they had the same problem on this and other servers. I tried 4 other servers with the same result.

Is this simply a code error or something else? I know that the latest patch is for 1 million characters, has this something to do with that maybe? Do I need to re-name my character or something?

Thanks!

TL;DR: My character is frozen on all servers. Cant do anything.

I had to manually download all the files and put them in the DayZ/Addons folder again. The "DayZ Mod Uploader" didnt do the job properly.

Now it works fine for me.

I got the help from some random person on a server who had the same problem.

reinstalled the mod from scratch and still cant move ingame, i'm frozen..

It is the config file - reset your configuration for your controls in the menu (e.g. 'Set to default'). It should fix the problem.