StrengthAndHonor

Friendly Mode - by shouting.

This is pretty dumb on so many levels. I don't kill on sight unless I have reason to, so don't go attacking me like I know you will anyway.

This is a screenshot of your signature, Mr. Co-Leader of the Anti-Human Terror Crew :

lol1.jpg

First off, if I choose to shout back 'friendly' than I am forced for one hour into cooperation with this player?

One hour is an example.

As in, I won't even be able to aim my weapon towards him like you said? So if someone is approaching behind him and I can take a shot off, I won't be able to, because this will FORCE my weapon to be lowered causing us both to be killed.

So an enemy is nearing you, and your solution is to shoot at your friend so the bullets kill him and the enemy? Instead of just moving to the side?

Second, this is not the answer. Even if something like this would ever be implemented, I could wait til the hour was up and just shoot the other player then run off with over an hour worth of group gathered loot.

Yes, but that would only create situations where the player will then end his friendship with you after about 45 minutes of surviving with you, and say goodbye and go off on his own path before the 1 hour is up so you can't kill him. Survivors don't have to be together forever. And yes, you COULD kill him after 1 hour of being together. No different than what you do now, killing people after 1 second or 1 hour.

Anyway, another griefer spotted.

PVP is part of the game like it or not. i myself don't shoot on sight but occasionally i like my PVP

And what is stopping you from PVPing?

This suggestion does nothing to stop PVPing. Read before posting.

• Like 2

So, you are one side of a building. You spot another player.

Add a feature - Call out Friendly?

What this features does, in order of events :

1) You confirm and decide to call out FRIENDLY?...your character yells out "FRIENDLY?" to the other player.

2) The 2nd player gets a screen option :

"Shout back FRIENDLY?

Accept

Decline"

3) If 2nd player accepts FRIENDLY shout, then you cannot harm each other for 1 hour. Whenever you try to aim your gun at that person, your gun is lowered. Or you simply can't shoot them. Whatever. You get the idea.

4) If 2nd player declines FRIEDNLY shout, or simply doesn't even choose an option, then everything is as is and you can kill each other like normal.

This feature is BADLY needed in this game.

BONUS feature : Backstabbing Friendly

- When the 1 hour is up, if for some reason you are still playing with that player, and he kills you, their face changes or they are somehow marked so other players KNOW these guys are sketchy.

I like the shouting friendly idea but i dislike how your gun is lowered or you just can't completely shoot him.. and stuff. maybe if you accept friendly and you kill them you get a betrayal in the debug monitor instead of a murder.

• Like 2

This is a screenshot of your signature, Mr. Co-Leader of the Anti-Human Terror Crew :

lol1.jpg

One hour is an example.

So an enemy is nearing you, and your solution is to shoot at your friend so the bullets kill him and the enemy? Instead of just moving to the side?

Yes, but that would only create situations where the player will then end his friendship with you after about 45 minutes of surviving with you, and say goodbye and go off on his own path before the 1 hour is up so you can't kill him. Survivors don't have to be together forever. And yes, you COULD kill him after 1 hour of being together. No different than what you do now, killing people after 1 second or 1 hour.

Anyway, another griefer spotted.

This is a screenshot of your avatar: iIaBI.jpg now that we're both up to speed on how to draw red circles around images let's get back to the topic.

"So an enemy is nearing you, and your solution is to shoot at your friend so the bullets kill him and the enemy? Instead of just moving to the side? "

Um, if I'm standing about 10 yards from a buddy and there's someone creeping up behind him, wouldn't your "forced into lowering your weapon" feature keep me from firing off to the side of the person I'm currently "friends" with? I never said anything about shooting my friend. It's just you didn't specify with cone/radius this would affect. Not my fault you didn't clarify, Mr. StrengthAndHonor.

Also, I don't grief. I just defend my friends.

Anyway, another person who was griefed by a bandit coming to the forums thinking they have the solution to make the game easier for them.

Yar I've lurked a few of Nuclearaddict's posts, he gives suggestions a sort of trial by fire. He automatically assumes the worst of unspecified details rather than proposing improvements/changes to the suggestion posted like you carebears.

He expects every suggestion on this forum to be expertly polished before being put up on the forum. Just like DayZ was perfectly polished before we were able to play it. Give him a break guys he just wants efficiency.

Edited by McHadies
  • Like 2

Yar I've lurked a few of Nuclearaddict's posts, he gives suggestions a sort of trial by fire. He automatically assumes the worst of unspecified details rather than proposing improvements/changes to the suggestion posted.

He expects every suggestion on this forum to be expertly polished before being put up on the forum. Just like DayZ was perfectly polished before we were allowed to play it. Give him a break guys he just wants efficiency.

I feel flattered.

Maybe I'm trying to get the whole story out of the OP? I'm asking him questions, aren't I? Go back and read my posts in this thread again. 90% of them are questions regarding his suggestion. Grow thicker skin.

• Like 1

That's what I said sir, you have an abrasive way of doing things that others may not understand. I recognize that you are helping to flesh out a given person's idea.

I also recognize sarcasm, BRO. Yeah, don't think I didn't see what you did there with that last part of your other post. I'm ragin' now.

That for sure, sounds stupid and boring to me. Just use your microphone and talk to the Guy on the other side of the wall. If you think he is lying, then do what you think is right and avoid or kill him.

I think this is one of the key features of the game and part of the "realistic" survival experience.

yes, it's supposed to be about realism. but if this were to really happen. you wouldn't be camping in one spot with a sniper waiting to kill someone.. >.>

• Like 1

"So an enemy is nearing you, and your solution is to shoot at your friend so the bullets kill him and the enemy? Instead of just moving to the side? "

Um, if I'm standing about 10 yards from a buddy and there's someone creeping up behind him, wouldn't your "forced into lowering your weapon" feature keep me from firing off to the side of the person I'm currently "friends" with? I never said anything about shooting my friend. It's just you didn't specify with cone/radius this would affect.

Why should I have to specify the cone/radius? It's an insignificant detail. The gun can be lowered. They can turn friendly fire off. They can make you a martian who can't kill earthlings. It doesn't matter how it works, the point is the bigger picture that you can't harm that player.

Are you a troll?

If you lot don't like casualist or players who can't handle pvp, then stop make dayz popular only for other varieties of gamers to take up interest, waste 30 dollars on Arma II, and post these stuff on the forums. It's obviously YOUR fault as part of the community, going around bragging about your accomplishments on DayZ making youtube and livestream videos of it, and posting blogs and clans and all that.

Edited by dra6o0n

This thread brought all of the backstabbing griefers like flies to honey. All of them running here to say how much fun they have backstabbing unsuspecting players.

This game has to refuse to cater to these types of griefers if it wants to succeed.

You clearly don't understand the point of this mod. It's a sandbox, and it is played the way people want to play it. There's snipers, griefers, friendlies and you have to deal with it.

Why this mod is so succefull? Since there's no rules, no penalities for killing and backstabbing. It is miles away from other games designed by big studios and it's very refreshing. Players lie, ambush, stalk and massacre. A lot of us were waiting a game like this. It's unbalanced, frustrating, violent and unfair. It's all fear and darkness. Deal with it.

If you meet someone and decide to team up, I suggest to ALWAYS watch your back.

Good luck.

cya.

Nikiller.

• Like 2

There is already a mechanic in place for shouting friendly. Its called in game voice chat. Just a bit of advice here but shouting friendly will get you killed more often than not shouting it. Kill or avoid players you dont know. If you want to team up with someone hang around the coast and find an unarmed guy. He will be grateful that you didnt kill him on sight. Or he will shoot you in the back as soon as he is armed. I dont take these risks.

Edited by Delta Smoke 01

Well this is not a good idea and even if the majority thought so, rocket says that the pvp will never be changed in it's basic structure.

3) If 2nd player accepts FRIENDLY shout, then you cannot harm each other for 1 hour. Whenever you try to aim your gun at that person, your gun is lowered. Or you simply can't shoot them. Whatever. You get the idea.

4) If 2nd player declines FRIEDNLY shout, or simply doesn't even choose an option, then everything is as is and you can kill each other like normal.

That will never happen, if it takes away PVP it just won't, it's an element of the game so don't try to change it.

This feature is BADLY needed in this game.

I like the idea of a calling friendly command, but what you want to do with it is way too far and doesn't need to be added in badly.

BONUS feature : Backstabbing Friendly

- When the 1 hour is up, if for some reason you are still playing with that player, and he kills you, their face changes or they are somehow marked so other players KNOW these guys are sketchy.

If they took away bandit skins I doubt they'd put this in. ( Sketchy faces ) But maybe just a heartbeat or something.

But I do like the idea base you're trying to get here.

Edited by Elektro

no

I'm with this guy. No.

Anyhow, this could be easily exploited. DaveTheman101011 asks you to be friendly, you accept, and then DaveTheman10011 blows you away.

Even crazier names would make it more fun, as you wouldn't know who you friendlied with, then they could lead you to your death. Or do something fun.

"Hey buddy, I have a gift for you in my backpack!"

*Player 2 leans over to check bag*

*Player 3 leans around corner with rifle, proceeds to headshot immobile target*

Continue that as you see fit. This isn't an MMO with a bias against PVP, so we shouldn't have dumb concepts like these. OP, I'm not sure this is the type of game you want to play. If you want to stop people from killing on sight, then try making up an easy way to flag yourself as friendly. Here's a tip: Don't hold a weapon. That'll decrease hostilities tolds you by 50% (made that statistic up)

No, you shouldn't. Or else this game will never have cooperation among strangers who actually want to cooperate and experience this game like it should be.

Oh, I'm sorry, I forgot this mod was about friendship, and ponies, and love, and care, and..........

This game has to refuse to cater to these types of griefers if it wants to succeed.

The mod is succeeding because there are no rules to this mod, and these lack of rules is what distinguishes it from many other zombie-survival games made by bigger companies.

This thread brought all of the backstabbing griefers like flies to honey. All of them running here to say how much fun they have backstabbing unsuspecting players.

You,Sir,have my beans.

The thing is that most of the so-called "Bandits" are just cowards who wait for the other player to lower is guard and then kill him.

If you consider yourself a TRUE bandit, gentlemen, you should give your support to this idea, because it clearly defines WHO is an enemy and who is not. Instead of giggling anytime you shoot some poor gullible guy in the butt and trolling on the forums to keep the situation as it is, seriously think about it.

This option DOESN NOT kill PvP. You still can shoot people from the distance without consequences.

Moreover,if you like that much backstabbing people, it's fine. You could wait until the last second of the "hour" (or 30 mins,or 40 mins what it will be) and then shoot the other player! If you act like a friendly, the person may lose track of how much time has passed.This is backstabbing.

If you want to play with a bandit-style,it's ok. Just use your mouse and select "Decline" or don't select anything and just engage the survivor in a honourable firefight, and may the best win.

• Like 1

The pvp is the good part in this mod.. i have been backstabbing people. People have been backstabbing me. Thats what the game is about. I find people that are both friendly or unfriendly. Just walking around and fighting zombies is boring. And i think that killing your friend in accident should be possible aswell, you gotta be careful!

Edited by qkungen

I'm against any such game mechanics for the following reasons: first, it would require more coding, which would invariably introduce more bugs, requiring more debugging and game "balancing", resulting in even more coding to counter exploiters and "griefers" abusing said game mechanic -- leaving such a game mechanic totally out costs no additional time or project budget; secondly, it would detract from the thrill of the game, never knowing for sure if the other survivor is really a bandit or not with regard to you -- I want that rush!

Have I KoS'ed? Sure have. Have I been KoS'ed, many many times. But it's really pointless to accuse those opposed to such an idea as being griefers since a lack of such a feature is a valid game mechanic and, IMO, totally fits in with the DayZ concept and unique feel that is attracting so many players. Fact is, my current crew is primarily made up of players who:

a.) I did not KoS, which got us to talking in game and playing cooperatively;

b.) did not KoS me, which got us to talking in game and playing cooperatively:

c.) noticed that I got murdered by the same script hacker that just murdered them, which got us chatting out of game and then playing cooperatively;

d.) KoS'ed me and/or my crew, then later contacted me on Steam to offer me their respect for playing legit during our firefight (not attempting to combat log, ghost, or ALT+F4 on them), which got us chatting out of game and then playing cooperatively.

I would suggest that any player who is seriously upset over the unknown nature of the existing friend (survivor) vs. foe (bandit) mechanics in DayZ to take a look at L4D2 (Left 4 Dead 2) as that game will be more suited to your taste as well as having a terrific gaming community in support of it.

Edited by Ragotag

Never going to be implemented, because of this

rocket says that the pvp will never be changed in it's basic structure.

and sweet baby jesus thank you for a game that finally doesn't hold my hand or tells me how to do things.

This game is about survival, basic survival not zombie survival, not bandit survival.

You want to shoot someone? Do it and deal with the consequences.

You dont want to shoot someone? Do it and deal with the consequences.

You want to group up? Do it and deal with the consequences.

Rocket already said, that DayZ...

- doesnt need millions of customers

- will always have free4all pvp as a core mechanic

- is meant to be impossibly dark and cruel

- is meant to evoke fear, paranoia and frustration

Therefore it is pretty safe to assume that none of these suggestions, that would greatly change/modify/prevent/punish the core mechanic of this game, is ever going to be implemented.

This is not Left4Dead.

This is not Chernarus Apocalypse.

This is DayZ.

• Like 1

This suggestion does not change basic PVP structure. You can still kill whoever you want. You are just mad that people won't trust you anymore if you decline friendly shout.

and this mod is getting popular simply because it's a zombie post-apocalyptic open world game. "Walking Dead" video game. But it has it's flaws, and many people are not happy that we have to play KILL ON SIGHT because we simply can't trust anyone, and that sucks. Many players want to be able to work together with strangers they meet on their voyage......

Edited by StrengthAndHonor
  • Like 1

Haven't met anyone ever shouting anything to me.

I am too smart (or paranoid, whatever you wanna call it) to give away my position or announce my presence to any armed person.

I would never do that..that is stupid, in my opinion.

Please rest assured that I'm not mad ;)

..because I know that this will never get implemented.

Aside from it being a direct interruption of the game-mechanics itself there are too many possibilities to exploit this depending on how it would be implemented(which it never will).