Butterrz

An idea to promote cooperation

Hello, my first post on this forum. I have been reading the forums for weeks, but never took the time to write anything.

Anyways i had an idea to promote a sort of cooperative gameplay, and less lone-wolf bandit behavior. Add in some sort of sanity level. If you don't interact with a player in a certain amount of time, your sanity level goes down. This could lead to you randomly screaming and talking to yourself which attracts zombies when you want to be sneaky, or hear zombies moaning when there isn't any, or hear whispers to freak you out even more. Of course this isn't gamebreaking and you can stay insane if you want, just a little nudge towards the light.

And by interacting with people, perhaps you enable like a high-five feature or something, or even staying in extremely close range of someone for a period of time to increase your level of sanity.

Just a thought, cheers

• Like 2

No, no punishement for those who want to play lone wolf style. But don't be afraid, I will interact with you when we meet up somewhere in Chernarus, with a hail of bullets that is.

But you would still have people who are friends working together keeping the sanity then waiting to pick off lone wolfs who need someone else to restore sanity..... punishing those who don't need punishing

No, no punishement for those who want to play lone wolf style. But don't be afraid, I will interact with you when we meet up somewhere in Chernarus, with a hail of bullets that is.

I agree with Robert512 that this idea would destroy lone wolf playstyle or at least make it unnecessary hard for the lone wolf survivors. (If it doesn't make the playstyle hard, why would it have any affect for the bandits either?)

And this wouldn't "fix" the bandit problem (and kos). Actually it might make the problem worse, since bandits could circumvent this easily just by grouping together..

This has been brought up before; while it does sound great on paper something like this would break the general gameplay in Dayz. I for one do not always play with my friends and like to crawl around the map looking for someone to put a .50 bullet through.