Dewback

SE 46 Loaded with admin abuse/hacking

Me and 9 of my real life friends have been playing on this server on and off for about a week. And we have done quite well for ourselves, gathered some vehicles, gotten ourselves set up with a good camp, with a good location and everything we could ever need when it comes to weapons. The last day, has been filled with admins feeling hurt that we have been able to raid their camps, steal their vehicles, and generally excelling them in combat. As a result the server suddenly became completely impossible to play on, constant abuse from admins, getting kicked out of nowhere. Often in the middle of a firefight, and hacking, mortars flying down, explosions appearing out of nowhere, teleporting etc. Would be nice if someone could look at the logs and sort out the server, as we've grown quite fond of it, although, if the server is being runned by admins that have no busniess running a server. We can always find a new server.

Thanks in advance for checking into this!

Regards,

Dewie!

Hi!

I am the admin of this server!

And I can confirm you and I have been in fights along with my friends.

I'd like to respond to your accusations:

Me and 9 of my real life friends have been playing on this server on and off for about a week. And we have done quite well for ourselves, gathered some vehicles, gotten ourselves set up with a good camp, with a good location and everything we could ever need when it comes to weapons.

So we noticed, you started raiding our camp and we managed to find your camp, the fight is on! We thought we had a good location for camp but obviously not.

The last day, has been filled with admins feeling hurt that we have been able to raid their camps, steal their vehicles, and generally excelling them in combat.

Feeling hurt? Sure, you started raiding our camp and killing us, if that doesn't hurt I dont know what does.

You are good yes, excelling us, perhaps. More in the region of you outnumbered us several times and had the upper hand since we had no idea you were on to us.

As a result the server suddenly became completely impossible to play on, constant abuse from admins, getting kicked out of nowhere.

We certainly do not kick without reason. I have gone through logs and only kicks I can identify on you is due to lobby idling. We sure as hell do not abuse, if you don't count us killing eachother that is.

Often in the middle of a firefight, and hacking, mortars flying down, explosions appearing out of nowhere, teleporting etc.

We pride ourselfs on not disconnecting in fights and sure as hell don't kick anyone!

Hacking? Hell no, we are plagued by hackers, we are trying to get a nice DayZ experience and these f***ing hackers f**k it up for us. I've been on the server twice when shit happened, restarted as soon as I could. But is sure as hell aint us hacking. I'm at a loss about what to do to get rid of the hackers, banned 4 suspects but they keep coming, and apparently they have hacks that even circumvent the bans.

Would be nice if someone could look at the logs and sort out the server, as we've grown quite fond of it, although, if the server is being runned by admins that have no busniess running a server. We can always find a new server.

You are welcome to stay and I hope you do, because I am trying to give everyone a nice experience on our server. For one I made it so that there is always daylight. I'm very sad that hackers ruin the server and your gaming experience, they ruin it for us aswell.

Today I feel quite demoralized due to reading up on cheat prevention and I'm seriously concidering giving up running this server due to this game (read Arma 2) being hacked the hell out and it looks like the poor design of the server/client network play or how this game is build in general is not going to get much better ever.

Thanks in advance for checking into this!

Regards,

Dewie!

Feel free to PM me if anything else, or have a chat on TS if you'd like.

Oh, one more thing, I had a "newbie" admin who I caught writing something wery unapropriate in the server global admin chat once, I think when he first discovered someone raiding us (possibly you guys), I have told him that it is not the correct way and his admin privileges has since been removed. The way we do it, we battle you!

Best regards

Karg

On another note..

My gaming experience has been greatly reduced due to gaming time being shifted from playing to running this server, and it's tiresome to try keeping it hackerfree :(

I appreciate your honesty and your complete openess on this topic. I look forward to future fights, and hope that the hacking comes to a halt asap! :)

Love your server btw, its a good one, despite the recent hacking problems!

One of the buddies just told me they used a grenade on you last night, could that be the "mortars"?

I appreciate your honesty and your complete openess on this topic. I look forward to future fights, and hope that the hacking comes to a halt asap! :)

Love your server btw, its a good one, despite the recent hacking problems!

Thank you!

Hacker in our camp, shoved up with a hacked weapon, and mortar grenades in his truck. Truck looked suspicously hacked aswell!

2 of our buddies died as they we're afk and he just shot them out of nowhere with what looked like an AS50 with a thermal scope, and we shot him about 20 times in the head with .50 cals, and he still didnt die.

If this is happening as of now, you can help me, who are the players that got killed? And at about what time?

PM me location they were at, and which direction the hacker came from.

BTW rly rly laggin on the server after the Hacker nuked our camp with mortar! guess the server is loaded after that!

I've been looking at the logs, they tell me nothing what is going on, as soon as I think I have a lead, it pans out to nothing.

Going to sleep now, sorry I couldn't catch this one :(

On the upside I activated a better script.txt (script detection file) but still, he hacks and no logging, so I guess it's futile.

No gaming time for me this evening again :( looking at logs that say nothing......

Ok wtf happend to the server? Now all of our tents are gone!? they aint even flat on the ground!! yust gone! you reseted the server completly or?

Have no idea what happened, my buddies lost their weapons and some tents, tents left were empty... :(

Did a #shutdown and restarted server.

Damn those F***ING HACKERS!!!!

Me aswell lost the weapons i was wearing. when i spawned i had no weapons on me. lost sidearm, main sniper and a bison! :(

Just got haced again, 1 min ago. Was teleported to a castle with all the other players......

What's up with the server being down? Any SE 46 thread around? Can't find any but this.

I'll look into it, when I think of it I might have accidentally done a thing that would halt the script that restarts the server, so between scheduled restarts it would go down, if so it's up in a minute. Sorry about that.

If no good thread is found, you could always post a new one in the appropriate forum or send me a private message on the forum.

/Karg

[EDIT]

Confirmed, the human factor at work, script was halted.

Edited by Karg