Sign in to follow this  
iongaming33@aim.com

The basic helicopter experience. Happen to you?

1. Find Helo

2. Spend hours finding parts

3. Realize how much fuel you need

4. Spend 20 minutes filling fuel

5. Liftoff

6. Fly around

7. Go to coast

8. Admin sees you

9. No message received for 15 seconds...

10. Chopper is GONE

Has happened to me 4 times now on 4 different servers. It is a horrible form of admin abuse that I see no fix to. So unfortunate. I'm not crying or anything I'm just wondering if this has happened to any of you.

• Like 2

I stole some dude's helicopter and flew it around for like 20 minutes with auto hover on, decided I was high enough to turn auto hover off and try to learn to fly it.

I was wrong.

I stole some dude's helicopter and flew it around for like 20 minutes with auto hover on, decided I was high enough to turn auto hover off and try to learn to fly it.

I was wrong.

If you want to learn to fly you should run Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead, go to single player then Armory select vehicles pick any of the helis in there it will spawn you inside a helicopter 100% fixed and you can learn to fly there. It is very awesome and this is how I am learning the feel of arma 2 helicopters at the moment till I find one on DayZ :)

Edited by maximiliousP

yo. this just happened to us on US 905

either the admin pulled the plug or the server crashed, we were in a heli when we get the no message received and get kicked off the server.

server has been down for more than an hour now, don't know what to expect. figure its either gonna be in the last saved location or on the ground beneath where it was. hopefully it aint gone forever

Some maybe still think heli means hacker ... Not everyone is to the right of the long tail. ;)

Something really has to be done about admin abuse in general.

Some admin got mad after we killed him & his friend after tailing him epicly, surrounding them & taking them out. Then he kicked the entire server and locked it.

Tried to report it twice, but the topic was never even posted on the server report forum. I asume it is because we couldn't provide any evidence, though I assumed server logs would clearly show everything. Not everybody can use/run fraps, there is no demo feature ingame as far as i know and screenshots prove nothing in such a scenario.

Makes me wonder if ARMA2 servers actually don't have event logs or something?

I gave a pinpoint accurate description of what happened, it was a clear abuse of admin powers & he's just getting away with it, while we lost a hilux filled with the loot of 3 helicopters & a dirtbike.

Edited by chaR

Guest cRy

Desync

Desync

Hack

Desync

Hack

Hack

Desync

yeah so it seems the server admin took that opportunity to completely wipe the whole server data, rename the server, and start fresh right as he saw us flying above elektro.

vehicles/heli/tents are all gone

well played :\