Sign in to follow this  
Geckco

Six Launcher BUGGY as Hell. Dont use

Six Launcher works perfectly fine for me. But this is interesting too.

Edited by JohnDziadosz

I second that. Used to have a lot of problems with SL, DayZ Commander is a lot better.

To that guy -

SL sometimes didn't show up servers for no reason, DayZ Commander doesn't. It also tells you updates are available and let's you choose when to update. Also there isn't a stupid "verify" button.

Edited by PixelBurst

Doing it manually is much more better than both of those things.

Edited by Spinager
  • Like 1

So your just saying your opinion, You have no proof that six launcher is bad, I find it excellent as its an instant update. I know the fact that it doesnt tell you but what i usually do is a manual update then i hit verify then launch as i dont know how to launch it from steam.

• Like 1

So your just saying your opinion, You have no proof that six launcher is bad, I find it excellent as its an instant update. I know the fact that it doesnt tell you but what i usually do is a manual update then i hit verify then launch as i dont know how to launch it from steam.

DayZ commander also can launch from Steam, which is awesome. I like having my playtime tracked.

So i just tick the box that says launch with steam or what ever?

Sorry for the long reply, you will also need to tick the box near it that says "Replace original ARMA2OA files with beta so Steam works". Once those 2 are ticked whenever you join a server it will launch from ARMA 2 OA in Steam, tracking your playtime and allowing you to use the Steam overlay. I disabled the Steam auto ARMA2 updates to avoid it overwriting the latest beta with whatever one is currently being pushed over Steam, I'm not sure if this is necessary or not though.

Edited by PixelBurst
  • Like 1

Heh heh heh. I don't use Six launcher or DayZ commander. I've always done it manually and so far I've never had any major problems with the game.

Thanks for posting this. I was alternating between the Six launcher and the filter in arma II multiplayer screen and was having a rough time. Will try DayZ commander asap.

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=8241

Another option, works good for these simple mods like DayZ, CWR2, and such. For Ace stuff it works alright but this can cause trouble with acre and I find there is less trouble with Acre and Ace mods using 6updater.

Also going through 6updater is usually better than 6launcher I find anyways. The only thing I use 6launcher for is server browsing for DayZ. Everything else I use A2L from the link above or the full 6updater.

I have to use Six Launcher....

For mostly ACE, and I use it to launch Arma too.

It works fine for me, tho I do have DayZ Commander downloaded too.