Sign in to follow this  
RavenX (DayZ)

Ghillie Suit in the first Five Minutes?

I literally just started, minutes ago, and while learning how to move and walk and stuff (not a Arma Vet here) I made it to a place and found a ghillie suit. Am I just incredibly lucky or is that kinda normal?

Ive done that before. Spawned. Went to a red building. Found bush suit. Got shot right when i picked it up lol

Lucky in the sense that it's not likely you'll find it so quickly.

Unlucky in that you'll die many times before you can really take advantage of it.

Good luck!

Found one on my first DayZ aswell.. and instantly lost it :<

Warning: do not get attached. You will die and lose it.

Is it possible to loot a Ghillie suit off of a corpse? For... no particular reason...

Hey, I just server hopped,

And this is crazy,

But let's team up,

OH, nice ghillie suit, buddy...

Is it possible to loot a Ghillie suit off of a corpse? For... no particular reason...

RofL...nice. :)

I figured it was luck. For some reason I expected something like to be in a military base or air-port or something and not the spot where I found it.

Thanks for the warnings everyone. I'm also pretty sure I'll get cap'd and have it looted, but no worries. It is what it is. I'm not a carebear. I would gladly give it away though for a gun, some ammo, and help on "how to not suck at being a noob"...LoL.

Cheers

RofL...nice. :)

I figured it was luck. For some reason I expected something like to be in a military base or air-port or something and not the spot where I found it.

Thanks for the warnings everyone. I'm also pretty sure I'll get cap'd and have it looted, but no worries. It is what it is. I'm not a carebear. I would gladly give it away though for a gun, some ammo, and help on "how to not suck at being a noob"...LoL.

Cheers

It was actually a serious question. I also have a ghillie suit, and I am also woefully unprepared for it. This is my 10th run or so.

As for where you found it, Ghillie and Camo can be found in any residential area at a .38% chance (or something like that). They are also found in Heli Crash sites at a much higher chance. You are lucky that you found it, but it isnt a miracle or anything like that.

If you havent put it on yet you could trade it with a player for a whole lotta supplies and guns/ammo.

It was actually a serious question. I also have a ghillie suit, and I am also woefully unprepared for it. This is my 10th run or so.

As for where you found it, Ghillie and Camo can be found in any residential area at a .38% chance (or something like that). They are also found in Heli Crash sites at a much higher chance. You are lucky that you found it, but it isnt a miracle or anything like that.

Unfortunately I'm not sure if it can be taken off a body or anything like that. This is literally my first run through and I don't even know all the controls yet. I'll ask the guy who kills me if he can take it or not though :)

If you havent put it on yet you could trade it with a player for a whole lotta supplies and guns/ammo.

Already equipped. That much I figured out from watching YouTube vids on DayZ over the past few days while deciding whether or not I wanted to spend money on a game just so I could play a mod. Of course knowing my luck DayZ will move on to another engine or a stand-alone paid package or something just as soon as I get decent at it and I'll have to spend money again to keep playing.

I did end up dying with the suit. I was dehydrating and needed water so desperately I tried to sneak too close to some zombies in a farm house. At least no-one ganked me for it though lol.