Sign in to follow this  
aviatormoser

Just a few questions!

Why does everyone stick around the cities and towns on the coast? And why does everyone else head for the NW airfield? Does everyone want to die? Or do they don't want to survive in the woods where there are TONS of resources.

I'm totally stumped. Someone show me see the logic behind all of this.

The answer better not be about good supplies. Because that answer applies everywhere.

What can you get in the wild that denotes you shouldn't be going into the cities?

I mean there are an abundance of guns, ammo, food and medical supplies in the cities. Only been to one airfield and only found an M16, athlough awesome not warranting the time I spent looking around it.

Things I, or people I play with have found at air fields: M240s, M249s, AT-4s, all kinds of assault rifles, M107s, DMRs, M24s, NVGs...etc etc etc. If you don't want any of those, then sure, stay away from the air fields.

Yeah I have heard of NVGs and alot of those other guns soundcool! I was just recounting my only time spent in an airfield. I was there for so long hunting for stuff, then I found an M16 I expected there to be more!

I expected there to be more!

There is more.

The bandit currently aiming at your head normally has it.

Those are the airfields.

Decide for yourself if that's worth it. :angel:

I actually killed a dude there! He had nothing interesting! I guess that airfield was a dud!

Maybe you were at the little airfield in the southwest, near the coast?

A bit of pvping, raiding, getting good supplies i suppose. I personally stay inland found a few grenades in a small town in the NE:E and an alice pack/tent/map/compass in the mid west region. Plenty of ammo and supplies to survive

That is the one! I suppose that is the 'noob' airfield?

Yeh, you could call it that way.

It's the smallest of the 3 and the loot isn't as good.

Things I' date=' or people I play with have found at air fields: M240s, M249s, AT-4s, all kinds of assault rifles, M107s, DMRs, M24s, NVGs...etc etc etc. If you don't want any of those, then sure, stay away from the air fields.

[/quote']

NVGs seems to be the only valuable item there, but also a fun killer (that's just my opinion; I like dashing through the darkness). The weapons seem nice, but then how prevalent is the ammunition? There are assault rifles scattered around the countryside, but then the dearth of ammo is just not worth carrying around. Your absolutely right though: not worth going toward the airfields.

In the woods and small towns, you can find an unlimited supply of food, water, and ammo. I have never been spotted in the wilderness. The largest threats are just the z's. Tis where I survive.

Once you've got yourself a nice weapon, backpack, and navigational & hunting accessories, there isn't a whole lot left to do besides sit around in the woods until old age takes you. At some point I'd like to see more options implemented for players who get to that stage, sort of like how achieving a high level on a MMO takes you out of the kiddy sandbox and raises the stakes with sieges and raids.

Don't have any specific suggestions though, I'll leave that for wiser heads than mine.