Sign in to follow this  
Akufen

Side Channel

Hi I'd like to enable side channel on my Dayz server I'd like to know if its legal or not and how to achieve this

It requires editing the mission file, which is a no-no.

This. Which, by the way, I think is retarded. You can enable it, but you 'risk' being blacklisted ><.

Because I went into server that side channel was enabled but their hive was private so that mean if my hive is private its okay?

Because I went into server that side channel was enabled but their hive was private so that mean if my hive is private its okay?

If your hive is private or you don't care about being blacklisted by rocket, then yup you have no worries :). Just edited the "disabledChannels" setting in the mission file.

If your hive is private or you don't care about being blacklisted by rocket, then yup you have no worries :). Just edited the "disabledChannels" setting in the mission file.

Ahhh nothing like giving them the tools to succeed, or is that giving them the tools to not succeed. Either way, use at your own risk,

didn't know it was illegal I won't do it I was just wondering for my own curiosity why some servers had it enabled and others didn't I'm new into this whole server Dayz thing and my english is not perfect also if you have any tip don't hesitate

you didn't hear this from me, but one of my *friends* had it enabled on "their" server for the whole time it was running and never got black listed. */cough*

ahah okay but I don't want to run the risk of getting blacklist this game is fine without it its just a + having global chat imo

you didn't hear this from me, but one of my *friends* had it enabled on "their" server for the whole time it was running and never got black listed. */cough*

Just change the name in quote. Then you didn't say it at all!

• Like 1