Sign in to follow this  
RenderedUnsafe

Is DayZ just one server?

In an argument with someone, they are saying DayZ is one server, and if you find for example an AK47 on one server, you will have it on all the servers you join. I say different as that doesn't happen for me and I always spawn with the spawn items on different servers.

Who's right and whos wrong?

You can play on different servers but your characters data (location, equipment, health, humanity etc.) is stored on a central server. You should be able to use the equipment you last played with on any other server.

If the other side of your debate was arguing that all data related to your character is stored on one central server they are right.

I hope this answers your question.

In an argument with someone' date=' they are saying DayZ is one server, and if you find for example an AK47 on one server, you will have it on all the servers you join. I say different as that doesn't happen for me and I always spawn with the spawn items on different servers.

Who's right and whos wrong?

[/quote']You're wrong, all of your items/gear come with you aside from tents, vehicles etc. Anything on your person goes into whatever server you join.

It's a hive.

I'm pretty sure it's multiple servers. "One" server is the master server which keeps all the info that stays persistent. The other server is the one at which you play on. However, this "master" server might be multiple servers all linked together... who knows.