Sign in to follow this  
Magnum (DayZ)

1.5.8.4 Stuck on Loading Screen Indefinitely

*Date/Time:

Shortly after 1.5.8.4

*What happened:

Experienced the Inventory disappearing and Warping to wilderness bugs mentioned in:

http://dayzmod.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=6294

and

http://dayzmod.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=228

So I decided to hit respawn after losing all my precious helicopter parts. :@ Then hit abort, disconnect, then ok, to start a new character only to get stuck on the Loading screen in between "Retrieving Data" and "Waiting for Server Response" gave it 15 minutes before trying another server. Did the same thing for that one. Proceeded to try every other server giving each of them 15 minutes before rage quitting. Tried restarting my game, restarting my computer, reinstalling the mod, updating the mod both manually and through the updater, and even reinstalling ARMA II and AMRA II OA. NOTHING WORKED. :@:@:@ I even tried connecting to 1 server that I knew would work because my friends weren't experiencing any issues and I gave it an entire hour to load yet it still never went past the loading screen. At this point I'm considering Reformatting windows

*Where you were:

NE of Cherno, before all my inventory disappeared then got warped to debug forest.

*What you were doing:

Trying to connect to a server with a new character but get stuck on loading FOREVER :dodgy:

*Current installed version:

*Server(s) you were on:

LATINOAMERICA, All the Dallas and Virginia servers, and US7

*Your system specs:

See Attachment

iam new to the game and the forums. bought combined operations yesterday with a friend to play DayZ... we have installed v1.5.8.4. we experience exactly the same issue (of being not able to connect to servers - only receiving data up to ~80% and then stuck) and as far as i read in other threads on this forum and on other forums this problem happens because the dayz servers are running on their limits and cant handle all the players who want to connect at the moment. looks you dayz developers experience the same problems like blizzard with their diablo 3 the last days :D

there are 3 solutions available as far as i knowbut i dont know yet if any of them work.

1) keep trying to connect to different servers and if it doesnt work after a few minutes try to connect to another server. sadly this is not a very satisfying solution. i have tried to connect several hours yesterday and didnt manage to get on any server.

2) it also may be a battleeye issue and it should be reinstalled manually or its dll file should be overwritten: http://www.battleye.com/downloads/arma2/BEClient.dll overwrite with this the one in your ArmA2OS/Expansions/BattleEye folder.

3) and lastly some tell that validating their game cache helped them.

i will try if anything of these can help me later.

Same here since last night. I was stuck and couldn't move. Lost all my stuff I had on me. Decided to off myself and respawn. Can't join any servers now, stuck at "loading".

basically can't play anymore.

Same here, spawn, teleported to the coast, all my gear apart from the backpack is gone, suicide, leave server, stuck on 'loading' on five different servers :-(

This issue is happening to be too.

I'm not angry or anything, but I'd like for people to be aware of it and see if there is a fix of some sort.