Sign in to follow this  
Juba (DayZ)

where to find antibiotics ?

i searched hospitals,markets and ordinary houses i didn't find any.

one of my friends is coughing for 2 days because he spent a night out in the open and got cold and we fear that he might infect us.

kill him before he turn an undead

i never found an antibiotic

I have yet to find any either but I would say your best bet is the hospitals in Chern/Elektro or even the field hospital with the medical boxes in Chern.

You can find them in hospitals, just keep in mind that they only have a .22% chance to spawn in any given hospital loot pile. Note that that is .22% not 22%

I hate to be dismissive, but I'm sure if you spent the amount of time it took you to post this thread thinking instead about where medicine might logically appear, you would be able to figure this out for yourself. The entire premise of this game is to use your wits to survive. Try to do so before resorting to a forum thread, and you might find your experience enriched.

I'm not saying this to be a dick, but I genuinely think the game is more fun if you take on challenges like this on your own.

Spawn rate is below 1% so if you don't succeed at first, come back tomorrow (assuming you haven't been eaten alive by then).

Agreed with pockets. People need to start using their brains.

If you are sick, where do you go?

The hospital.....

The first place he looked is the hospital, though. How was he to know that the only reason they weren't there is because of the absurdly low spawn rate?

If we're talking common sense, you'd actually be way more likely to find cold medicine at a supermarket than at a hospital

The first place he looked is the hospital' date=' though. How was he to know that the only reason they weren't there is because of the absurdly low spawn rate?

[hr']

If we're talking common sense, you'd actually be way more likely to find cold medicine at a supermarket than at a hospital

Exactly. Pocket4s was trying to be a smartarse, not sure why as it is a legitimate question in playing the mod.

Juba, you don't really need antibiotics to cure your friend.

I was in the same situation 2 days ago, caught a cold while playing at night, and I thought I was dead for sure. Then the next day I headed to Cherno's hospital desperately, trying to find these so called antibiotics. On my way to the hospital I finally found some matches and wood to restore my temperature, and when I finally hit Cherno's outskirts I noticed that my survivor was no longer coughing. I ate some cooked meats to increase my blood beyond 10k to check if I'm still losing blood because of the sickness. Surprisingly for me, I was healthy again, so I would advise you to light a fire instead of searching for that really rare antibiotics, and keep your friend's temperature 90+ for some hours, and he will be cured. At least it worked for me.

Agreed with pockets. People need to start using their brains.

If you are sick' date=' where do you go?

The hospital.....

[/quote']

Actually, you dont go to the hospital to get cold and flu tablets, you go to the pharmacy or a general store. The hospital is for operations and more serious things not a damn cold lmao.

And you dont even need antibiotics to get rid of a flu waiting it out and letting your body heal does work too.

The first place he looked is the hospital' date=' though. How was he to know that the only reason they weren't there is because of the absurdly low spawn rate?[/quote']

I knew it because it's literally the first item listed in the patch notes: I don't really know what affect the new sickness and temperature system will have on player behavior especially with antibiotics being so scarce.

He's not asking about cold medicine, he's asking about antibiotics.

I really wasn't trying to be a smartass. The game is more fun, in my opinion, if you take the risk to discover things on your own. Just friendly advice that I feel I delivered reasonably.

Your point is valid pocket, but I searched two hospitals top to bottom before I came to the forum searching for this thread, i also searched supermarkets, apartments and various other buildings. It is not exactly intuitive when you have sifted through 40 or 50 doses each of morphine, vicodin, adrenaline, and miracle blood that doesn't need refrigeration and works for all blood types to think 'hey well maybe only one in 5 hospitals carry antibiotics'.

Also it is not the flu, as antibiotics don't work on the flu. It must be some kind of bacterial pneumonia or something similar.