Sign in to follow this  
nullptr

Question from a new player

Hey. First off, I'm really enjoying this game and it was totally worth every dime I spent on it. That said, here's what's bothering me most right now.

I like playing at night, I find it thrilling. Since I don't have NVG, I rely on my flashlight to find my way. I've noticed that when I try to pick up a secondary I need to put my flashlight back in my toolbelt first, or simply drop it. Again, when I want to pull my flashlight back out, I have to drop my pistol.

What's up with that? Am I seriously limited to either a pistol or a flashlight, or am I doing this all wrong?

as of right now, yes, that's what you have to do. You can hold flares and chemlights while armed, but you give away your position. Also, certain guns have tac. lights attached, but I've not found one where loot spawns, just on a dead guy :|

Edited by jordan2412

You are correct in your findings. It's a hassle working around it, but if you have a large packpack it shouldn't be difficult to make space for your pistol, even though thats 6 wasted slots for swapping.

It does, however put a higher value on guns like the g17/m4 CCO models that have flashlight attachments, not to mention the hands-free NVGs.

Until that changes, day time servers are your friends or pistols your enemy.

You can find a G17, that has a flashlight attachment. Also, glow sticks are a good source of light that have limited visual range. Red being the brightest, blue the lowest, and green somewhere in the middle

If you fancy night server, its best to use chemlights as you have a source of light around you, as well as a secondary. Using a flashlight is a sure way to get spotted and die.

Well your first problem is that you're using the flashlight. It's useless unless you're really going for the whole immersion thing. Everyone else can see it from a mile away. No one that I know actually uses the flashlight. Just turn up your brightness settings till you can see at night.

Thank you all for the quick answers.. I didn't know there was a pistol with a taclight, I'll be keeping an eye out for it.