Sign in to follow this  
hooligan (DayZ)

Until duping is fixed...

DMR just as deadly and it's way more common, you wanna get that one out too?

A DMR has about 1/5 the damage and is not effective and trivially easy to hit with at 1200m.

So, no, it's not.

A DMR has about 1/5 the damage and is not effective and trivially easy to hit with at 1200m.

So, no, it's not.

1200m shots are not common place, most people can't manage 800m. Also forgot to mention, DMR can be used with night vision, best sniper in the game for versatility.

Anyway on to the point. Duping is a problem yes, but the guns themselves are not.

AS50 is going to kill you no matter what, not because of the gun but the .50 BMG coming from it, this round can tear a human in half from a fair distance. It is an Anti-Material rifle, designed for use on Military Equipment most commonly Vehicles, Infantry have no or minuscule chance of survival, get shot in the foot, you lose a leg etc.

L85, This is not the end all be all weapon, it's range is pathetic unless your good at equating bullet drop, effective at 300m anything longer and you can get better accuracy elsewhere. Thermal is good for spotting sure, but lets see it's counters. Trees, Bushes, Glass and Buildings.

It is nigh useless in close quarters because there are many better options for that situation, since it uses a scope, no aiming for you, hip fire is accurate to a point but you'd be better off with a FAL or Mk 48 if your going CQC.

Duping is of course a problem, but teams usually only have 1-2 L85's, these guys don't shoot unless they are a solo overwatch then they have a back up sniper.

I'll agree with the point made earlier, if these guns weren't here, complaints would go to the next high tier firearm, we'll end up at "Hatchet is to quiet, make it louder" at some point if they removed weapons because of complaints.

In short, Get rid of Duping, but keep the weapons intact. Duping will have to waiting till Standalone though.

Edited by Momiji

It's not caused by desync, it's entirely server side. Perhaps he should walk across the hall and mention to BIS that, well, this little mod that has put their awful game at the top of Steam... it kind of needs them to fix this very basic issue.

So its server side. What are you going to do about that? Make nitro hyper fast servers which save all seconds the movements and all stuff? DUDE!

Don't you think that these guys in the ghillie suits have actually saved up their gear over a long while? I admit hacking and duping must be stopped, but assuming that every player in a ghillie has hacked them in is bogus. And think about it, unless the gun despawns on the guys body when he dies, then the gun will survive to be used by someone else, while more guns are being spawned at heli crashes for more people. So over time the frequency of high end gear will probably go up, but that's a disadvantage of the whole spawning guns idea in the first place.

If duping is here to stay... i suggest every one should duplicate there good gear ! (Since there is nothing planned to stop it!!!)

So i will try to do it... (again) when i found another tent!

Why not giving guillie suit to every noob on the beach ? lol

Maybe i try it! hahaha

Till the door is closed... all may enter!

Edited by Tabarnator
  • Like 1

Rocket could, but that would mean they would have to wipe the hive.

You see, if he took the weapon spawns out of the game today, they are still being duped. It would take a hive reset to remove them.

Or one SQL statement.

Just saying.

balance.

dupe a M107, it isn't damn near silenced, also has recoil and only 5 bullets in a mag.

dupe a M16 ACOG, it doesn't spot your enemies for you.

dupe a DMR, at least when you shoot me in the fucking TOE I can still survive.

no balance as long as these two weapons are in game, 95% because of duping and 5% because of how OP they are. remember, they're meant to be very rare for a reason.

Edited by hooligan

I get the "they should be rare" argument. I do. But it doesnt' really matter. I have found three AS50's on three chopper crashes and I have only played for less than 3 weeks. I didn't take the first two...not enough ammo/space and it didn't seem practical to me at the time or with my current solo play style (not solo out of choice). The 3rd one was picked up by the group I was with (some guys I have played with twice...one i work with). They already had a couple m107s in their camp. And you would have sworn they won the lottery.

But the guy in the group that does most of the scouting, overwatch and sniping...rocks a DMR. I grabbed the DRM off the guy who took the AS50. Loved the DMR until I got smoked and lost it. Want another one.

I still just don't think it matters. I have died within sight of my killer every time but once. And that one time I am pretty sure that I was killed from a long range...and i am okay with that. I don't care if the weapon was duped or over powered. Doesn't matter. I was out played. Got in the open...it's my fault I was exposed in a dangerous place.

Duping is duping. It's not hard to do. I am sure Youtube will show you exactly how to do it. If I duped...it wouldn't be an AS50 or NVGs. It would be people to play with. Because I honestly think that 4-5 guys/gals working as a team will succeed more times than they fail...regardless of gear. I am proof...three AS50's...you can do it legit. But it doesn't matter. I wouldn't dupe that gun, or it's ammo. Or anything else, because to be honest...a team is what I want more than any particular piece of equipment. Oh...and I'd love a frakin' motorcycle. But I digress.

Yes...the AS50 is butt stupid powerful, but so's a head shot from an M24. Yeah, the L85 has wickedly cool optics. A guy with a pair of Binos and some NVGs will get the job done.

Oh...and one last note...I must be playing on the wrong frakin' server...because I haven't seen loaded vehicles or a pack of duper kiddies bearing down on me. I am jealous now...I want to die to these dupers.

Out

• Like 1