Sign in to follow this  
hooligan (DayZ)

Until duping is fixed...

So why can't the dupeing be fixed in the engine, when there have already been a few DayZ-centric changes done in the beta patches ? I thought those contain engine fixes ?

And what about the "backpacks eat your items if theres not enough space" thing, is this also a magically unfixable engine thing ?

Yes.

You didn't say anything that addressed the point. More rare wouldn't do anything, that's why the word removed was used. And it would change top tier, that's exactly the point. It would change top tier to something that isn't horrendously overpowered when duped.

Point taken, but my second paragraph addressed "removed" followed by some of my concerns. Anyway, my personal experiences have been that death by AS50 and L85s is relatively rare. Obviously, other players have different experiences, but I've never been killed by either of those weapons (the best I can tell). I have more fear of a player with an AKM 50 meters from me than the same player with an AS50 800 meters from me. Along those lines, I have infinitely more fear of 4 guys in a co-ordinated group with any weapon than one guy with an AS50 and/or L85. I run accross the former more often than the latter.

I'd say that it's quite rare for me to be shot at by AS50's near the coast. It usually happens at the NW airfield. I suppose we'll just have to wait for a fix from BI because I doubt Rocket would remove both of the weapons you wish to be removed on the basis that those items are being duped. All items are being duped, not just the two most powerful items in the game. So how about we remove all the higher-end weapons from the game until we're left with nothing but pistols, shotguns and the occasional Lee Enfield, that sounds like a fun game!

Point taken, but my second paragraph addressed "removed" followed by some of my concerns. Anyway, my personal experiences have been that death by AS50 and L85s is relatively rare. Obviously, other players have different experiences, but I've never been killed by either of those weapons (the best I can tell). I have more fear of a player with an AKM 50 meters from me than the same player with an AS50 800 meters from me. Along those lines, I have infinitely more fear of 4 guys in a co-ordinated group with any weapon than one guy with an AS50 and/or L85. I run accross the former more often than the latter.

The problem is you're not facing one guy with an L85/AS50. You're facing 4-5 guys who found one L85, duped it, and now they all do. And they have as many AS50s as they want, and NVGs, and Rangefinders. I'm literally starting to see this on a daily basis, I wasn't sure why until I realized how ridiculously easy and common duping is.

P.S. It's mostly the L85.

Edited by thekab

He could just add a limiter to the amount of available spawns for a certain item.

Therefore if any more are added into the game, they are deleted, and the player that does it is banned?

Im pretty sure that just limit tha available spawn... will not really help !

Im not sure for the new patch... but before that.

I know it was possible to duplicate gear with tent !

So if it is not fixed yet... that why there is so many rare gear in the game now!

So the idea a dude from i don't know where tell me:

1. you got a tent.

2. you put gear in it and save it.

3. Wait till server restart.

4. Take your gear back. (don't save tent)

5. After next server restart... the stuff is back in the tent !!!!!!!!

*** Some have 10+ tent for doing just that! So that's why !

I try it some time with very little result but i know it's working just about that way !

Just having the tent saving automatically should solve that!

***Please have the auto-saving tent to kill the harvesting tent!!! Tkx

Anyway, I guarantee you that many, many more players are killed by Winchesters, Enfields, pistols, and AK variants than are killed by AS50s and L85s.

All that matters is that duping won't be in the final version of the game with the Arma 3 engine. Rocket himself said fixing duping is impossible here... about as impossible as anyone paying attention to your request for weapons to be removed.

As the above quote reminds you, those weapons kill way less people than the more common ones.. and there are so many bugs to fix and so much content to add, I doubt rocket's going to go and remove guns from the game.

But good luck whining, I hope you don't get any more butthurt and don't decide to quit. Sounds to me like you're imagining everyone who kills you has an L85. I'd be happy to kill you with mine to confirm your suspicions :]

Im pretty sure that just limit tha available spawn... will not really help !

Im not sure for the new patch... but before that.

I know it was possible to duplicate gear with tent !

So if it is not fixed yet... that why there is so many rare gear in the game now!

So the idea a dude from i don't know where tell me:

1. you got a tent.

2. you put gear in it and save it.

3. Wait till server restart.

4. Take your gear back. (don't save tent)

5. After next server restart... the stuff is back in the tent !!!!!!!!

*** Some have 10+ tent for doing just that! So that's why !

I try it some time with very little result but i know it's working just about that way !

Just having the tent saving automatically should solve that!

***Please have the auto-saving tent to kill the harvesting tent!!! Tkx

Auto saving tents would mean every tent placed would stay forever. No thx.

The problem is you're not facing one guy with an L85/AS50. You're facing 4-5 guys who found one L85, duped it, and now they all do. And they have as many AS50s as they want, and NVGs, and Rangefinders. I'm literally starting to see this on a daily basis, I wasn't sure why until I realized how ridiculously easy and common duping is.

P.S. It's mostly the L85.

I might agree with the L85. I had it for a while (from a heli crash) until I lost it to a glitch during the 1.7.2.3 patch. The thermal sight does provide a ridiculous, hack-like advantage (day or night) and the common STANAG ammo means one doesn't even need to be carefull with ammo like the AS50.

As for the duping being an obvious problem, I agree 100%. I've posted about it before.

Auto saving tents would mean every tent placed would stay forever. No thx.

I understand that... you prefer having infinite duplicated gear on the map!

And as it is right now tent are not vanish after some day ? if not visited!

So your ( every tent placed would stay forever ) is pointless! :)

Edited by Tabarnator

I understand that... you prefer having infinite duplicated gear on the map!

And as it is right now tent are not vanish after some day ? if not visited!

So I see you like to twist words around, I am in no way a supporter of duping gear. I simply would dislike the server to be overloaded with countless tents when there could possibly be a solution such as saving every time someone accesses the tent.

So I see you like to twist words around, I am in no way a supporter of duping gear. I simply would dislike the server to be overloaded with countless tents when there could possibly be a solution such as saving every time someone accesses the tent.

Duping gear is here to stay since its the player who is in charge of saving tent !

Im pretty sure tent vanish after some time if not visited... so!

Auto-saving is the only way... i think.

Edited by Tabarnator

DMR just as deadly and it's way more common, you wanna get that one out too?

Don't touch my DMR ! :)

Duping gear is here to stay since its the player who is in charge of saving tent !

Im pretty sure tent vanish after some time if not visited... so!

Auto-saving is the only way... i think.

Auto saving actively used tents, sure. Auto saving all tents, no.

Auto saving actively used tents, sure. Auto saving all tents, no.

I mean auto saving tent each time a player interact with it !

So if i find tent hiding in forest get the gear in it and go away...

It will save and not re-spawn with the gear i get from it!

This way no forever tent and no duping! :)

Sound good for you like that??

I mean auto saving tent each time a player interact with it !

So if i find tent hiding in forest get the gear in it and go away...

It will save and not re-spawn with the gear i get from it!

This way no forever tent and no duping! :)

Sound good for you like that??

Yes, that is what I suggested. What you suggested sounded as if all tents would just auto save without interaction.

I think they should both just be removed. My friend and i just raided a few camps last night and found multiple L85s and about 8 guillie suits. we took one then ran over the tents with their own truck. but I remember the comment my friend made multiple times about the L85. he said, "Dude, this is like cheating!"

Yes, that is what I suggested. What you suggested sounded as if all tents would just auto save without interaction.

i never say that... lol But my English is pretty poor so... sorry for that :)

*** Also same thing if i run over a tent with my car... the tent should be save like that and not re-spawn at server restart.

Duping can't be fixed, rocket said that. And how would a change in the engine fix the desync?! oh dudes.. cmon

It won't, but you'll never be able to convince everyone of fact.

I think they should both just be removed. My friend and i just raided a few camps last night and found multiple L85s and about 8 guillie suits. we took one then ran over the tents with their own truck. but I remember the comment my friend made multiple times about the L85. he said, "Dude, this is like cheating!"

Did you save the tent after roling over it ?

If not they will re-spawn back with all th gear in after server restart! :P

When I first got NVGs they felt like cheats too.

The l85 is good but it's no guarantee that you'll see your targets first unless they are in front of your position. It's a thermal scope not a motion sensor.

I think part of the problem is the players inventory not updating regularly as well. I notice, sometimes when I log out shortly after looting some items, I'll log back in the next day and none of the items will be in my inventory. If I remove items from a tent, sometimes when I log back in, the items are gone from my pack AND they are not in the tent. So, maybe a partial solution would be, when players interact with say tents/vehicles/other players packs (adding ground loot would be excessive, I feel), their inventory is then auto saved similar to the manual save button for vehicle/tent inventories.

I'm not sure if this stuff is related to the duping but it seems very similar to the problem only in the opposite manner. Also, I'm not sure how much lag or how much in the way of resources this would consume but, in my mind, it seems that this could atleast fix alot of frustration of players logging back in the next day sans all the goodies they have procured.

Also, one last thought, what if player inventories were forcefully saved at a log out or any time they player disconnects from a server? (I'm not a programmer, just spit ballin here)