Sign in to follow this  
Oddzball

Seriously, hackers are ruining this game.

I want to uninstall the game and return in like 2 month and see if the game is fixed it's such a good idea/concept but the servers, bugs and hackers are so fucking annoying.

I do. I also dont complain about shit thats not the Mods fault. And if you search you would see this is the same topic that been posted 8,000 times already.

If you dont care about forums, why are you here?

I use the forums for news, updates, support and cheat reporting.

I however unlike you, I do not care if there are 8000 posts about this topic. I wanted to hear what this one person had to say about it.

Stop being a forum Nazi, you added nothing to the comversation in the least bit.

p.s. your avatar is suiting.

• Like 1

I've just had my first major hacker experience, "WELCOME TO THE THUNDERDOME!!!"

I use the forums for news, updates, support and cheat reporting.

I however unlike you, I do not care if there are 8000 posts about this topic. I wanted to hear what this one person had to say about it.

Stop being a forum Nazi, you added nothing to the comversation in the least bit.

p.s. your avatar is suiting.

Sure I did. I added that you should use the search function.

And my avatar can beat up your avatar.

For making this thread, you've earned my beans. Just got teleported into the air seconds after spawning, was completely geared up, had everything I could want and/or need. I was recording, I'm uploading the video as we speak.

I've never seen a hacker in the game but as people are talking a lot about hackers I think it must be pretty bad. I like this game and if possible, I will make a custom anticheat for free. Custom means not scanning for programs like CE, MHS,...It means the way the client works will be changed (packet re-encryption, code change detection,...). It is a lot more effective than what methods BattlEye is using. I've been making anticheat for 2 years and wish to help. But I don't think we are allowed to modify the client are we? Maybe in the standalone version?

for how many years have you been making anticheat programs if you are 18 now?

For making this thread, you've earned my beans. Just got teleported into the air seconds after spawning, was completely geared up, had everything I could want and/or need. I was recording, I'm uploading the video as we speak.

Looking forward to seein it. Haven't had that happen to me...yet.

I always show support for anti-hacking efforts but it is also true that I feel deja vu right now. These threads are very common, the other less friendly posters have accurately noted, but so is the problem. Instead of dropping the rule book on him and wasting over a page to scold him, maybe give a brief and information packed response such as:

Here is a summary of the most important conclusions reached in many discussions of hackers in Day Z:

1. Hacking is extremely common in Day Z

2. The Day Z team is not responsible for anti-cheat (that's battleye)

3. The Day Z team is aware of the problem and how serious it is and will do what they can to make it less prevalent

4. Ultimately the Arma II engine is not secure and unfortunately problems like hackers, server hopping/disconnecting, item duping are not fixable,and will not be fixable ever. It is possible that additional steps may be taken when Day Z is a standalone game but as a mod nothing can be done so its not worth discussing further at this time.

Hopefully information presented in this manner can quickly disarm the thread preventing needless flaming and rule reading.

• Like 1

Here is a summary of the most important conclusions reached in many discussions of hackers in Day Z:

Wait, wait, wait! You missed one.

For the last few days I switched over to private hive servers, and have had far less issues. That's not to say they don't have hackers, but there are a few things that are different from the public hive servers. Primarily, they typically have side chat enabled and admins on the server, so when you have a problem with a hacker, you can actually contact the admins, and get feedback about bans. There's nothing like it on the public hives in regard to communication with the admins.

Also, they just seem to generally have less hackers. I have yet to see any, but haven't played as much on the private hives, yet. Only "disadvantage" is, if the server goes down, you can't play your character elsewhere. However, I find it to be an advantage, as I can have multiple characters, which I prefer as sometimes I want to play with friends (and don't want to run far from where they are when they're not on), and other times I want to play lone wolf for a bit, which I can do easily just by playing on another private hive.

Give it a try. Being able to communicate with server admins is invaluable.

Honestly, at this stage, whats the point. I give up guys. Why even bother playing when nothing can be done about hackers?

You can do nothing.

You cant run a private server.

You cant ban anyone without fraps PROOF which is almost impossible since you dont have name tags.

I mean when Rocket comes out and says

"I can do nothing about duping, its a SOURCE ENGINE problem"

for example, you can pretty much assume he cant do shit about hacking, which means Dayz as we know it is fucked.

Rocket works at BI, and he cant get access to the SOURCE? REALLY? After all the crap tons of money he made them?

And BI is crap too, instead of fixing things like hacks and shit they do dumb crap nobody gave a shit about like nerf pistols or

Changed: MP: Dayz servers are now visible if and only if the Dayz mod is active.

So the whole 5 people who play the game NOT for Dayz dont have a server list filled with Dayz Servers.

Whatever though.

2. The Day Z team is not responsible for anti-cheat (that's battleye)

No they are not repsonsible. But they must give Admins the ability to identify them. Why should it matter if the server message says "player X killed player y" if it means we can ban cheaters from the game.

The DayZ team can and should give that to the game to reduce the instances of cheaters/hackers/scripters.

They could allow admins more control. I mean player killed logs is already done in regular Arma.

16:24:27 "4335.86 seconds: Dr Aquafresh (WEST) has been killed by Goatie22 (WEST). Dr Aquafresh position: [5067.54,3007.31,0.00140381] (GRID 0506703007). Goatie22 position: [5068.31,3006.38,0.00143433] (GRID 0506803006). Distance between: 1.21024 meters. Near players (100m): ["Goatie22","Powell","RiceBoi","Chris","Kingslayer"]"

It's the output from an eventhandler (EH), probably the "killed" one.

An EH can be added to each unit and when something happens to that unit, you can run some code.

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/addEventHandler

and

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/...andlers#Killed

Why Rocket doesnt implement this i do not know....

Edited by Oddzball

Looking forward to seein it. Haven't had that happen to me...yet.

Lucky you :P this was the first time it's happened to me, I guess I kind of feel lucky for that.

http://dayzmod.com/forum/index.php?/topic/54102-damn-hackers-video-included/

^Theres the thread I just made with the video^

Sure I did. I added that you should use the search function.

And my avatar can beat up your avatar.

Worthless and missed the point.

Cool I can search for other posts I get it, it is called the innerwebz.

And why would I search through posts when this is the one I wanted to read.

Stop trying to be smug around here it does nothing for your constitution.

No one has anytime for your Tom Noobery.

• Like 1

for how many years have you been making anticheat programs if you are 18 now?

I started programming when I was 13.

If you want to bitch and moan about hacking , don't do it on these forums. Rocket has no control over battleye , go to the bohemia interactive forums or the battleye website. All you are doing is tarnishing the reputation of this mod for something it has no control over , not to mention clustering the forums with endless crying of what is a rare occurrence.

go private server on Tunngle, not seen a single hacker all day.

Admins are more strict and run mods that help them police the game better. They cant run mods on public hive so they turn it off. Much more fun and no cheating

Worthless and missed the point.

Cool I can search for other posts I get it, it is called the innerwebz.

And why would I search through posts when this is the one I wanted to read.

Stop trying to be smug around here it does nothing for your constitution.

No one has anytime for your Tom Noobery.

Its tomfoolery dummy. LOL. You think its a person...

Wanna hang out?

Edited by opeth

Its tomfoolery dummy. LOL. You think its a person...

Wanna hang out?

"A tomfool was originally Tom Fool, with Tom, a nickname from Thomas, being a stereotypical male given name."

Mine was a play on words/name.

Constant fail from you.

Now please bend over and try and fornicate your own face so you can look as retarded as you sound.

Edited by Dirty Rotten Scoundrel