Yes, this is another "stuck at wait for host" thread. I am tired to reading through all the different variations of this problem. I wasted a lot of time just reading about completely unrelated issues and useless solutions.

DayZ was working fine for me. I did a fresh windows 7 install, installed Arma2 CO via steam. Started up for a first time both Arma2 and Arma 2OA. Both work.

- copied the DayZ 1.7.2.3 files to their place. (same as on my laptop)

- updated the game to 1.62

- installed beta patch (not the very latest, but the same which I had running on my laptop)

- created the shortcut (same as on my laptop, same path for installation):

"D:\Steam\steamapps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead\Expansion\beta\arma2oa.exe" -beta=Expansion\beta;Expansion\beta\Expansion -nosplash -noFilePatching -showScriptErrors "-name=myname" "-mod=d:\steam\steamapps\common\arma 2;expansion;@DayZ"

I can start the game, see the server list in multiplayer but as soon as I click any one of them, I get the black screen with "wait for host" and nothing else happens. Tried on more servers, it's the same.

I am sure the problem is with my installation but I cannot find it. I did exactly the same way as I installed it a while ago on my laptop, and there it's working.

Also tried installing the latest updated: 1.7.2.4 and the latest beta patch. Same results.

Please help

This is really getting annoying. On my laptop it's working but on my freshly installed pc it fails to start when I log in to any server.

I am sure I am missing something. Besides up to date drivers, directx, arma patch, beta patch, dayz file, is there anything else?

Well this was pointless. To be honest I had higher expectations from this community but it turns out that although at any give time there are thousands of people here, no one is giving any useful advice. I found more answers from external sources rather than from here.

This place seems full of frustrated children rather than helpful members. Shame on you dayz community!

I will try to reply with the same answer I got, I will keep the solution for myself.

To be honest, You sound like a frustrated child. I found this thread looking for answers and just had to create an account to let you know how much you sound like a child. And the keeping the answer to yourself instead of trying to help is something a child would do.aybe no one knew the solution to your problem.

• Like 2

Thank you for taking your time to create an account and post this very helpful message.

Thank you again