Sign in to follow this  
Aug (DayZ)

Server kills everyone simultaneously

This happened to me last night. I have been playing since last Friday. Last night was the first time I actually got all the supplies I needed along with some nice weapons and got out of Cherno to head north.

I FINALLY MADE IT! At least I thought...

I was running along the road in some woods, and I just fell over dead. I saw the spam for about 30+ kill messages for everyone on the server.

Does this happen pretty frequently? It's a real downer dying to crap like this after you spend hours getting to that point. Dying hasn't really bothered me at all except for crap like this and randomly breaking bones for no reason.

there must have been a scripter on the server, they have the ability to do almost anything, lioke break your legs, or kill everyone.

Is there a list of really well controlled servers in the US? I've just been playing random servers. Honestly, I've been lookign for less populated servers so I have a chance to gear up and get out before dying. After this last experience, I just want a legit server that is free of hackers, cheaters, etc even if it means competing with a lot of people on the coast.

Title of the thread should read "Hacker kills everyone simultaneously"

I didn't realize a hacker had that capability when I posted :(

Is there a list of really well controlled servers in the US? I've just been playing random servers. Honestly, I've been lookign for less populated servers so I have a chance to gear up and get out before dying. After this last experience, I just want a legit server that is free of hackers, cheaters, etc even if it means competing with a lot of people on the coast.

Server admins have very little power in DayZ. There are no legit servers that are not vulnerable to the current hacks. 4chan ran a train on DayZ last night, lots of people got screwed.

Basically, it isn't a matter of if, it is a matter of when you run into a hacker. If you're lucky you might end up with some extra gear or on the other side of the map. If you're not lucky you get to start all over knowing that somebody can login to your server at any time, run a couple scripts and erase everything you've accomplished up to that point.

Enjoy.

Edited by random51

If theres a server admin on, they can shut down the server pronto which can have the effect of saving the characters *apparently*. Cant say ive ever been on when this is done.