Sign in to follow this  
Piranja13 (DayZ)

Question about all bases erased

Hi we have a problem on germany 17 all vehicles after sever restart are gone tents everything is lost. I walk around becouse our clan know where other bases are and there tens also gone 2 other bases are also delited. is the sever set back or will it came back after an nother restart never had have this before.

Same happen with our team camp logged in today and everything was gone.

Sometimes happens after a server reboot. Try rebooting or getting the admin to reboot

Sometimes happens after a server reboot. Try rebooting or getting the admin to reboot

That men dat every ID saved on sever is erase or will the vehicles came back after an nother restart this is why i ask so would be nice if sameone can tell me more about it.

Tents get lost in reboots at times. Seems to happen on restarts more than the shut down and start up again process. We have found that they come back once the server is restarted.

As for vehicles? Don't know for sure as we don't have any so haven't personally had an issue or our player base complain about it yet. Since they are tracked liek the other server objects, I would imagine it should cure as well

This happened today on our server, where our camp was gone.

I logged on, announced a shutdown in 5 minutes, shut down and restarted. Everything was back in order.

We've had the same happen on our server today after doing a map(?) restart through the lobby control panel. We're currently waiting for our ACP to come back online so we can do a proper restart in hope that they all return.

We've had the same happen on our server today after doing a map(?) restart through the lobby control panel. We're currently waiting for our ACP to come back online so we can do a proper restart in hope that they all return.

I would suggest shutting down the server and then starting it again instead of waiting. However, do what you do.

I would suggest shutting down the server and then starting it again instead of waiting. However, do what you do.

How would we go about doing so without access to the ACP? Our intentions were to shut down the server but we weren't aware of any other methods to go ahead with it.

Edited by JakeXP

This happened today on our server, where our camp was gone.

I logged on, announced a shutdown in 5 minutes, shut down and restarted. Everything was back in order.

It usually happens when the hive is hiccuping or when too many players try to connect at once (can be other influences too but I've found those two most common - it's basically anything that would cause issues on mission start).

The thing is on start up of the DayZ mission, scripts are run which load objects from the database (both vehicles and tents), and if those scripts don't fully complete or fail, then you get the whole invisible deal. Hence why if you've got too many players trying to load in at once, the server will prioritize loading the players so the scripts fail to complete. And the Hive hiccuping which isn't often can cause issues, especially when there's a huge amount of players online.

Rocket made a fairly detailed post about it ages ago, not sure where it is. Just remember that the tents / vehicle information is stored in the database under your instance, so a server restart should correct it (unless the Hive is the fault).

Edited by Alfie

How would we go about doing so without access to the ACP? Our intentions were to shut down the server but we weren't aware of any other methods to go ahead with it.

I'll PM you.

Edited by GhostSe7en