Sign in to follow this  
jlwiles@hotmail.com

is this a possible hack?

Hey,

I did some digging around in the scripts.log and I found this and found it interesting and wanted to ask to make sure that it wasn't part of the day z mod while loading well here it is.. I found this piece of code in the log. Is this a possible hacker or is it built in game?

setDate [2010, 0, 0, 15, 0];

3 setfog 1;

3 setovercast 1;

5 setrain 1;

setterraingrid 50;

Does not look like someone running a script. It would be more helpful to see it in context. Looks like the server is just loading whether configurations

Does not look like someone running a script. It would be more helpful to see it in context. Looks like the server is just loading whether configurations

i checked it out it seems possible that it may be but it could be also server related I know terraingrid 50 is no grass at all and setfog 1 I think it sets the fog level to absolutely none. I'll extract all the day z stuff and search through it with Notepad++ see if any of those items appear :)

i checked it out it seems possible that it may be but it could be also server related I know terraingrid 50 is no grass at all and setfog 1 I think it sets the fog level to absolutely none. I'll extract all the day z stuff and search through it with Notepad++ see if any of those items appear :)

terraingrid 50 is not no grass. It decides how quickly the terrain degrades as you move away from it. It seems to be 50 on all servers, i just checked our config, and its the same.

terraingrid 50 is not no grass. It decides how quickly the terrain degrades as you move away from it. It seems to be 50 on all servers, i just checked our config, and its the same.

Okay, thank you for clearing things up man I wish there was a better way to track these hackers down. Would be sweet if there was a built in game anti cheat which knows all the legit scripts built into game like day z team would have to define all of them and if day z admin can think of a way to show us in game admins or log the foreign script loaded only and don't show the legit ones loading up in the scripts.log that would be sweet. Also Day Z team should also add in some menu options for admins to check in player stats that is in sync with the hive. Show how many kills they got within the hour, what gear items they have such as ammo count and number of items, see what group they are in and if anybody or any AI is in their group that'll greatly be helpful. Warn admins when a player picks up a non legit weapon like example it would show on top right hand corner ThisPlayer has equipped a Minigun, or ThisPlayer has put a non-legit item in their inventory/backpack anything like that like a warning system will be nice to. Atleast admins should have ATLEAST some sort of help from the game!!! Hackers are enjoying us game admins suffer from our failures to track them down. If anybody knows a better way of tracking down the hackers please post up a tutorial on how to do it like how to track them down by idk WIreshark or any of those programs will be greatly appreciated and don't keep them to yourself we want to know how to as well, us admins should be working together as a team!