Sign in to follow this  
alsparagus

So does the game being in Alpha make it immune from ANY criticism?

Just curious, it seems on here if anyone mentions anything they don't like about the game, be it reasonable or unreasonable, is always dismissed because the game is in alpha.

Personally after playing I think the game is a great concept on an exceptionally flawed platform and the idea of an open alpha has created great opportunities for more polished clones to appear.

DayZ isn't a game, it's a mod for a game.

Yeah the problem is it is a mod for a bad game.

No, just things that those in the know realize will improve, are already being worked on, or are ridiculous requests.

If it a complaint about the amount of bugs or the lack of content, then yes.

ArmA II isn't a bad game military simulator, it's just poorly polished. Only after Bohemia started racking in dough from DayZ did they start updating and polishing. I mean there are more enjoyable shooters out there like BF3 and CoD but they don't capture the realism that ArmA II does, except maybe BF3 on certain aspects.

Edited by Incompatibility

DayZ isn't a game, it's a mod for a game.

Yes we know but you play it as a game ffs

Anyway ...

It has good and bad points, hopefully some of the good stuff will be even better if it reaches full game .

I think if they wait to long there will be releases from the main houses and they will miss the boat in a sea of clones.

But that aside using arma is a good start for the testing, arma 3 will improve what can be done but will need a DayZ breakaway path to achieve what the game is possible of.

Because arma is open to community its also open to abuse that will need looking at definatly.

On the whole its been a good game and im still playing after 2 months and ive reported as much as possible to help make it better.

The weird thing with DayZ is how it divides the community when people post opinions.

You can't complain about the alpha because its like electrolytes that plants crave. In all seriousness though, I think people are being too defensive about it only being in alpha... this is when you fix problems and are SUPER critical about things. The excuses: "it's just a mod" or "it's just an alpha" are kind of moot points. Sure it's an alpha and a mod, that doesn't make it impossible for Rocket to keep improving upon it. And no, it isn't immune to criticism nor should it be.