-PATY- TJ -RUS-

Ammo pack / bandolier

So after playing this game for over 100 hours now and obtaining some rare loot, I find that even with the largest pack with 24 slots it is hard to maintain storage space between weapons, ammo, bandages, medical supplies, food, drink etc.... My suggestion is, create some type of chest pouch or ammo bandolier that ONLY AMMO can be stored in. I'm not asking for another pack size storage, maybe 6-8 mags space just to free up some space in my inventory and pack for other items. Some will argue realism, but in real life you could easily wear a pack with a bandolier and/or a ammo pouch at the same time. A major reason I believe this to be a solid addition is, because of the recent additions as well as future addition of items to the game i.e. antibiotics and firewood. The more items that are added, the more you will be required to carry, and yet I am already having trouble carrying sufficient quantities of supplies.

What I try to keep on me at all times-

Sniper with at least 5/6 mags

3 food and 3 drink

2 blood bags minimum, 1 for myself if needed, 1 for a friend if needed

2 morphine, 1 and 1

2 painkillers 1 and 1

I also choose to carry my silenced m4 in my bag, because using a sniper at medium/close range or against zombies is not very effective. With that I like to carry 3/4 mags as well

Now with the addition of firewood (that takes up 2 slots) required to cook my food when I run out, as well as antibiotics just in case, I find myself sacrificing key survival items.

Now some will argue, roll with a group, and have each person carry certain items. Great, that works when you have a large group, but not everybody will always be on, and you won't always be with a group. So this addition will help solo players, as well as small groups of players to carry a few additional key survival items.

This would be a welcomed addition by me, seeing as more and more things are being added or will be it only makes sense to increase the total spots of inventory you can have. An additional ammo pack which you could find (i assume would be a chest pouch) would greatly help out with the ability to better manage your items so you do not need to constantly drop and replace things which are vital to you.

I understand that being limited on ammo is part of the mod, but it would be nice to carry more, and have some more options for storage. Rather than add any kind of skill system I hope they just carry on adding more loot that is essentially similar to "upgrading" your character. I would also like to see reload animations on the shotguns and winchester as a side note.

Also, how do you manage carrying a second primary weapon? Since whenever I have tried that, it seems to drop a whole bunch of my primary weapon ammo and I end up with a useless gun :(

I understand that being limited on ammo is part of the mod' date=' but it would be nice to carry more, and have some more options for storage. Rather than add any kind of skill system I hope they just carry on adding more loot that is essentially similar to "upgrading" your character. I would also like to see reload animations on the shotguns and winchester as a side note.

Also, how do you manage carrying a second primary weapon? Since whenever I have tried that, it seems to drop a whole bunch of my primary weapon ammo and I end up with a useless gun :(

[/quote']

You need to open your bag, and loot the weapon into your pack. Once there you can switch back and fourth as long as you have enough space.

Yeah, I suggested this a few days ago. Add in ammo pouches and a pistol holster all to the belt. Pouches can only hold ammo, and the holster free's up some space in your inventory.

I think all backpacks should be removed until you find one as well. I don't like how you start off with some supplies, I want it to be as tough as possible from the get go. A can of beans, a gun and some ammo. Backpack and remainder you have to find yourself. That of course means that backpacks should have a higher spawn rate.

yea i +1 this idea id like to see it in seeing as how there are allready chest pouches that for some reason take up the back slot

+1 to this. I would love an ammo bandolier. Even if you had to find it and have it take up space in the tool slots, I would be into that.

You've got plenty of space. It's not diablo, where you can hold 50 mana potions, 50 health potions and 10 swords. You have to choose between things. At the moment, you have enough space for all food, all drink, all medical supplies and decent ammo. Just not enough to keep you alive through multiple encounters without looting some more. Deal with it and ration your space, carebear COD boy.

You've got plenty of space. It's not diablo' date=' where you can hold 50 mana potions, 50 health potions and 10 swords. You have to choose between things. At the moment, you have enough space for all food, all drink, all medical supplies and decent ammo. Just not enough to keep you alive through multiple encounters without looting some more. Deal with it and ration your space, carebear COD boy.

[/quote']

Was waiting for a geek to post a negative comment. Carebear COD boy?

1. I've only played Modern Warfare 2 for xbox casually, less then 50 hours total. I play competitive based FPS like Counter Strike

2. I've survived longer is this game then you, fact.

3. Clearly there is a need for more space just for ammo with many people agreeing, not like I am asking for another 20 slots.

4. Once you get good loot which you prob have not yet, you need more space to carry items.

5. I've never played Diablo game is terribad

6. Your awful, fact.

This is kinda related to this topic, so I dont need to open a new one.

This is my little suggestion:

Pistol stored in bag takes WAY too much space. It doesnt take space more than ammo clip in reality and it does not weight more than full clip either. It would be a little simple improvement but nice in case you find better pistol with no ammo at the time.

TJ |RUS|' pid='69619' dateline='1338026954']

You've got plenty of space. It's not diablo' date=' where you can hold 50 mana potions, 50 health potions and 10 swords. You have to choose between things. At the moment, you have enough space for all food, all drink, all medical supplies and decent ammo. Just not enough to keep you alive through multiple encounters without looting some more. Deal with it and ration your space, carebear COD boy.

[/quote']

1. I've only played Modern Warfare 2 for xbox casually, less then 50 hours total. I play competitive based FPS like Counter Strike

3. Clearly there is a need for more space just for ammo with many people agreeing, not like I am asking for another 20 slots.

4. Once you get good loot which you prob have not yet, you need more space to carry items.

6. Your awful, fact.

1. Counterstrike is no better than COD when compared to Arma.

2. Proof? Without knowing how long he's survived or you've survived how do you know?

3. Clearly most people would agree with anything that makes the game easier for them. There is no "need" represented here.

4. No you don't, you make sacrifices. That's a big part of this game's challenge; you have to make tough decisions. I sacrificed my Mk48 with 5 mags for a more efficient M4A1 CCO SD and 14 mags of Stanag SD. It comes out to approximately the same round count taking up more slots, but the SD ammo is more efficient against both zeds and other players. I sacrificed my nocs for NVGs and Rangefinder. You don't need more space than the Large Coyote affords. You can do a lot with a 24 slot bag. I usually carry my SD M4 on hand with at least 9 mags, G17 with 6 mags, and a DMR with 6 mags in my pack, along with enough food, water and meds to last me for a good few hours, but since those are common items I'm all good.

5. You've never played a game and you somehow know that it is "terribad?" I'm not a fan of Diablo but at least try it for yourself before passing judgement.

6. Again, another supposed fact with no proof. Now you're just trying to antagonize.

In case anyone is unclear, I don't support this. You already have enough pockets, slots and pack space (assuming you've found the 24-slot coyote) for any situation.

Be smart, make decisions, and you'll be fine. Nobody needs more slots than you can already potentially have.

(i assume would be a chest pouch)

The 12 slots in your inventory is the loadbearing/vest you are carying alredy.(Just be happy they dident use the medic as a templet fore the survivors they have 8slot inventory :P)

[/quote']

6. Your awful, fact.

[/quote']

6. Your awful, fact.

1. Counterstrike is no better than COD when compared to Arma.

2. Proof? Without knowing how long he's survived or you've survived how do you know?

3. Clearly most people would agree with anything that makes the game easier for them. There is no "need" represented here.

4. No you don't, you make sacrifices. That's a big part of this game's challenge; you have to make tough decisions. I sacrificed my Mk48 with 5 mags for a more efficient M4A1 CCO SD and 14 mags of Stanag SD. It comes out to approximately the same round count taking up more slots, but the SD ammo is more efficient against both zeds and other players. I sacrificed my nocs for NVGs and Rangefinder. You don't need more space than the Large Coyote affords. You can do a lot with a 24 slot bag. I usually carry my SD M4 on hand with at least 9 mags, G17 with 6 mags, and a DMR with 6 mags in my pack, along with enough food, water and meds to last me for a good few hours, but since those are common items I'm all good.

5. You've never played a game and you somehow know that it is "terribad?" I'm not a fan of Diablo but at least try it for yourself before passing judgement.

6. Again, another supposed fact with no proof. Now you're just trying to antagonize.

In case anyone is unclear, I don't support this. You already have enough pockets, slots and pack space (assuming you've found the 24-slot coyote) for any situation.

Be smart, make decisions, and you'll be fine. Nobody needs more slots than you can already potentially have.

1. Counter strike is no better when compared to Arma? Your kidding right? Arma WISHES it was as good as counter strike lol. Yah its realistic sure, but thats about where the positive remarks of arma end. The only reason its a top seller is, because of this mod. It is no where near as competitive or popular.

2. I have proof, because he used the words "Carebear COD boy" in an attempt to seem hardcore.

3. Making the game "easier" by adding 5-6 slots? Sorry adding a REALISTIC element is too EASY for you HARDCORE players.

4. I could careless what sacrifices you make, adding a realistic element is not going to make the game noticeably easier.

5. I don't need to play the game to know its bad, watch a stream for 5min and you get the picture

6. Refer to #2

The 12 slots in your inventory is the loadbearing/vest you are carying alredy.(Just be happy they dident use the medic as a templet fore the survivors they have 8slot inventory :P)

This is a good point. You already have one, so no need to add it.

TJ |RUS|' pid='69724' dateline='1338029855']

1. Counter strike is no better when compared to Arma? Your kidding right? Arma WISHES it was as good as counter strike lol. Yah its realistic sure' date=' but thats about where the positive remarks of arma end. The only reason its a top seller is, because of this mod. It is no where near as competitive or popular.

2. I have proof, because he used the words "Carebear COD boy" in an attempt to seem hardcore.

3. Making the game "easier" by adding 5-6 slots? Sorry adding a REALISTIC element is too EASY for you HARDCORE players.

4. I could careless what sacrifices you make, adding a realistic element is not going to make the game noticeably easier.

5. I don't need to play the game to know its bad, watch a stream for 5min and you get the picture

6. Refer to #2

[/quote']

1. And Counterstrike is nowhere near as competitive or popular as COD so your point is...? The more popular a game is, generally means the easier it is for a lot of people to play it. The most hardcore games, like ArmA are generally the least popular since they require a lot of end-user effort. Zombies always boost the popularity of anything, especially when as well executed as this mod. Popularity however is never equal to quality. Sometimes they are the opposite. By that logic COD and WoW would be the best made games in the world.

2. That isn't proof, do you know what proof means? I'll use a different word: evidence. Evidence is different than heresay, conjecture or assumption. If I call you a Carebear CS boy does that prove to you that you have survived longer than me in DayZ? I'd hate to see you have to actually prove something.

3. Realism is great, but you realize that the 12-slot inventory and 8 slot sub-inventory, not to mention the tool belt, is representative of your pockets in your pants, your belt and your vest pouches (take a look at the player models).

4. It will make it exactly 6 inventory slots easier. Consider the difference between an Alice Pack and Large Coyote pack. That's a difference of 4 slots. I'll be damned if I'm giving up those 4 slots, they make a significant difference to how I go about managing my inventory.

5. I've played Diablo 1, 2 and 3 and I never really liked any of them. You cannot get the full grasp of a game from watching someone else play it. Games are interactive for a reason. Until you play something, you don't actually know how you feel about it. Simple as that. Until then, you are making ignorant assumptions. Same can be said for DayZ. Plenty of people love watching it but would never like to play it. Plenty of others think it looks like crap but after actually playing it themselves they end up really liking it.

6. Oh, your troll argument that holds no water? Okay.

EDIT: Here's what I WOULD support. Remove the slot restrictions. I know this is inherent to ArmA but why should I only be able to carry pistol mags in certain pockets? I get that they are supposed to be small mag pouches but why not universalize it all. This would inherently add more slots but require more management. Also your tools like the hunting knife, toolbox, compass, map, matches should be able to go anywhere. Toolbox seems like a 2-slot item to me for example but you get the idea.

Yeah pretty much this. You have plenty of room as it is. Main gear slots represent the vest/pouches, secondary is your belt, and then you have a backpack. This is already a huge loadout. Not to mention you can store any extra supplies in a tent. One of the big elements in the game is gear management. Should I drop these beans for another mag, or keep the beans and hope I don't get into a firefight?

If any kind of new "pack" item should be added in, it should be something like a buttpack that replaces your secondary weapon slot and allows main gun ammo to be stored there. There's really no reason to be a ninja running around with 2 main weapons, 8+ mags for both of them, a pistol with 8+ mags, food, water med supplies, and still be able to carry firewood/vehicle parts. You have to sacrifice room if you want to do something other than shoot stuff.

With more content getting added all the time this is just going to make managing your loadout an even bigger part of the game. Soon tents and other ways to store supplies will be needed if you want to fix vehicles or do other item heavy tasks. And I look forward to this.

This is something already in the game, and well.. you shouldn't really need to be carrying around that much ammo all the time. Maybe shooting less and more accurately might be a better solution.