jonzay

Disconnecting while unconscious = Instakill

I know we are getting a system that will track Alt F4's for abuse, and aborts, and kicks, etc, but I cannot think of a single reason for a player to legitimately exit the game while unconscious.

I therefore propose that if a player logs out while unconscious, they are killed instantly (upon relog). Whether they die upon gaining control of their character or just sent to the gender select screen isn't really relevant to this discussion.

Since there is a huge hourglass in the middle of their screen and they cannot access any controls, the player will always know of their condition, so not knowing you were unconscious is not a reasonable argument.

Poor internet connection is also not a reasonable argument, for the following reasons:

• You aren't unconscious for very long (or very often) unless you have logged out with the shock status and are sitting through the 5 minute wait.
  • If you are sitting through the 5 minute wait, there is no reason for you to be logging out, since you took the risk by logging out while in the shock status, and have to pay the price.
  • If you do have a poor internet connection, your random disconnects are going to be getting you flagged with Rocket's new anti-alt f4 system anyway. Not much you can do about that, and a death is not as bad as a database ban.

Any thoughts?

No. I often spawn unconscious without a reason, its a known bug.

Wasn't aware of this. =/ Valid reason, but why aren't you waiting it out?

what if they lag out?

Eh... you either took the risk by logging in after being shot then logging out, or you aren't unconscious for long and the chance of lagging out is low in such a small timeframe.

Edited by Jonzay

Have had zombie knockouts last 2 minutes plus. Some servers reset every 3 hours, plenty of random server drops. These should kill you?

No. I often spawn unconscious without a reason, its a known bug.

No, you spawn unconscious when you've been injured. bleeding or shot at.

Have had zombie knockouts last 2 minutes plus. Some servers reset every 3 hours, plenty of random server drops. These should kill you?

(Offtopic) Do those count as flags on the alt f4 system? That's probably something that'd need to be addressed.

Edited by Jonzay