disorder

No more copying to your OA folder

What if you are getting said CAMisc_fix error and not using a steam game but a retail version?

I've never seen that file before, but it should be a case of changing the paths to where you have both games installed.

When i type: C:\Users\***>mklink "D:\Spil\Steam\steamapps\common\arma 2 operation a

rrowhead\Addons" "D:\Spil\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 2\addons"/j

it just says " a file which already exists, cannot be made"

Also in my arma2 folder i don't have a addons folder...

Edited by Minimaxcx

Originally when I wanted to get this mod working, it complained and mentioned missing files beginning with CA_, such as CA DATA

I had to copy 8gb of PBO files from ARMA2 to ARMA2OA to get it to work. This method shows how to set up a junction link which acts like a shortcut to your original ARMA2\Addons folder and eliminates CA type errors with very little space used (a few bytes).

To start, open RUN box, by going to Start>run or pressing WINKEY+R then type in the following. (Note when seeing " [enter] " this is the actual button to be pressed)

CMD [enter]

A black dos box should show up, in the box type..

mklink "x:\yoursteamfolder\steamapps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead\Addons" "x:\yoursteamfolder\steamapps\common\arma 2\addons" /j [enter]

Don't forget /j on the end.

It should say junction created. After that go to your arma2oa folder and see if you have shortcut folder called Addons, then you are good to go.

Have fun all.

(updated for newer players)

that seems hard

did you type mklink first? dont forget the /j at the end.

mklink "x:\yoursteamfolder\steamapps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead\Addons" "x:\yoursteamfolder\steamapps\common\arma 2\addons" /j

do u have a fix for dayz_anim CAMisc_fix

that seems hard

I've never seen that file before, but it should be a case of changing the paths to where you have both games installed.

u haz no beanz

i have the game download in my documents should that affect anything

did you type mklink first? dont forget the /j at the end.

mklink "x:\yoursteamfolder\steamapps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead\Addons" "x:\yoursteamfolder\steamapps\common\arma 2\addons" /j

what if ur games not running through steam

oh sorry. if the game is in another place, change the 2 folders in the line.

When i type: C:\Users\***>mklink "D:\Spil\Steam\steamapps\common\arma 2 operation a

rrowhead\Addons" "D:\Spil\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 2\addons"/j

it just says " a file which already exists, cannot be made"

Also in my arma2 folder i don't have a addons folder...

try to find the addons folder in explorer. the folder has lots of pbo files and must be in the game folder somewhere. update the line and try again

dayzcomander fixed this for me so i havent done it in months. this is sent from phone so prolly terrible

Edited by disorder

I had to copy 8gb of PBO files from ARMA2 to ARMA2OA to get it to work. This method shows how to set up a junction link which acts like a shortcut to your original ARMA2\Addons folder and eliminates CA type errors with very little space used (a few bytes).

An elegant solution, thanks OP. Works like a charm. It boggles my mind that the Steam installation of DayZ is unable to get this right.

Edit: MKLINK is über-useful, I've been using it for a while now to create hidden links in my Documents folder that point to the user files for my games in another (gaming-related) folder. That keeps the Docs clutter-free and allows me to move the user files wherever I want.

Edited by Bakst

mklink uses junctions and yes they are very useful.

Did you know windows uses junctions whenever you install new updates that have the same version/data in them? Instead of duplicating files it makes a junction back to the original file. For example direct X and visual C runtime having lots of different editions, some files are the same and some are different. So if you install a copy of VC redist 2010 over another copy, only the files which are different are created and the ones that are the same are linked via junction to the previous copy.

mklink uses junctions and yes they are very useful.

Did you know windows uses junctions whenever you install new updates that have the same version/data in them? Instead of duplicating files it makes a junction back to the original file. For example direct X and visual C runtime having lots of different editions, some files are the same and some are different. So if you install a copy of VC redist 2010 over another copy, only the files which are different are created and the ones that are the same are linked via junction to the previous copy.

I did not know that, but it makes sense. I've tried removing older versions of VC redist, only to find that the newer versions suddenly had problems. The junctions explain it, of course.

Ok, so I did somthing similar to this just a few minutes ago, and I ended up replacing a bunch of OA files with the old Arma2 files... :/ any way i can undo this? The ones that got replaced were the contents of the "Arma 2: Operation Arrowhead\Expansions\Addons". Could I like get a backup or a restore of that specific folder?

If you move the full contents over they will be merged/overwritten.. It's best to delete both games' addon folder and do a full check on steam to download them again.

I had the same problem as GamerDude12345

I tried the suggestion, ran from an administrative account and ran cmd with administrator and still I got "Local volumes are required to complete this operation."

Any other suggestions you guys might have? Thanks!

Originally when I wanted to get this mod working, it complained and mentioned missing files beginning with CA_, such as CA DATA

To start, open RUN box, by going to Start>run or pressing WINKEY+R then type in the following. (Note when seeing " [enter] " this is the actual button to be pressed)

CMD [enter]

A black dos box should show up, in the box type..

mklink "x:\yoursteamfolder\steamapps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead\Addons" "x:\yoursteamfolder\steamapps\common\arma 2\addons" /j [enter]

Don't forget /j on the end.

It should say junction created. After that go to your arma2oa folder and see if you have shortcut folder called Addons, then you are good to go.

Have fun all.

(updated for newer players)

i tryed this but it said i need local volumes? i dont have the steam version is this why?

My Steam folder is in D and when i run CMD

It Said C:\Users\User> it is already there and i cant do anything about it

C:\Users\User>"D:\Steam\Steamapps\Common\Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead\Expansion\Addons" "D:\Steam\Steamapps\common\Arma 2\Addons"

and when i press [enter]

it says

'"D:\steam\steamapps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead\expansion\addons"' is not Operable Program or Batch File

Please help

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

First type D:

Then do the mklink stuff.

i tryed this but it said i need local volumes? i dont have the steam version is this why?

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

This is because you did EXACTLY what he put.

X: = This is the hard drive you installed arma 2 or OA on

yoursteamfolder = If you don't have the steam verison ignore this

An example would be:

mklink "C:\Program Files (x86)\arma 2 operation arrowhead\Addons" "C:\Program Files (x86)\arma 2\addons" /j

Remember ^ Is JUST AN EXAMPLE.

mklink - The command your using to create a folder link

Yellow - this would be your OA addons folder.

Green - this would be your ArmA 2 Addons folder

/j - This means we're creating a folder link.

When I went into the command prompt I typed in the mklink... thing but instead of saying link made (or similar wording) the command prompt said "local volumes are required to complete the operation".

I thing I might need to copy some files but I don't now which ones to copy or to where.