Sign in to follow this  
Tingle

How do you guys manage to play DayZ with such core problems?

PS: Using the word fag has nothing to do with gays anymore. Its a normal curse word like cunt. Ever see that one south park episode?

What about you calling them "gay" does that not refer to gay people anymore too?

Seriously though tons of players can run this without the issues you have, which means its not a problem with something at the "core" it's either a local or server issue.

And just one thing, just go to the Arma Forums and check upon the bug section there to find out all about arma bugs, it's fairly well known that there are things arma2 can't do, or can do (high modability also gives various ways to hack - in the month i played i never seen one though).

There are also hardly any bugs? atleast none that need direct fixing, what the game truely needs is more buggy content and stricter starting and survival conditions. Bugs are for Beta, as they both start with a B ... anything that doesn't make the game crash or gives <10fps on a decent computer, is basically NOT an alpha bug ...

Well then I'd like to have a European hacker and lag free server with fast loading times like you guys are describing. Any idea where I can find one? I don't see how I have all these issues and you guys don't.

Although I did have the assumption that the EU servers are hosted by greedy little bastards that don't want to spend to much money. Like squeezing to many people on a server even though it cant handle them. Or renting "cheap" servers that have bad connections... I have noticed the US has some very good hosting services.

Edited by Tingle

Unloading 3 clips into a zombie before he goes down is not how you should kill a zombie, and with players its sometimes even worse, you shoot at them and try to kill them before they kill you only to have never hit them.

Zombies:

One head shot is all that it takes with my M9. Or two body shots with your typical assault rifle.

Players:

You've probably hit the them, but seeing as how it takes an excess of 13 shots to kill a full hp player, I'm not surprised. This was due to the latest armor patch which lowered the damage of some weapons...

Name Old/New

G17 1389 889 M9 1389 889 M9 SD 1389 889 PDW 1389 889 Makarov PM 2000 889 M1911 4500 1389 Revolver 4500 1389 MP5A5 1389 889 MP5SD6 1389 889 Bizon PP-19 SD 1389 889 Double-barreled Shotgun 6722 4500 M1014 6722 4500 Remington 870 (Flashlight) 6722 4500 AK-74 3555 2722 AKS-74U 3555 2722 AKS-74 Kobra 3555 2722 Lee Enfield 12500 6722

Source: <http://dayzdb.com/>

I guess everything else you complained about is fair game. I myself haven't run into any hackers in DayZ (I ran into a hacker in arma 2 he killed everyone in the map :P), but I think there were one or two admins who kicked nearly everyone off their servers.

Edited by Cobalt Pete (xbow)