CypukaT

What happened to DayZ?

I was just surfing through old DayZ videos at youtube....ppl were in groups, chated with voice chat, worked as a taxi with their cars through cities and nowdays....if u get into a city in car u'll be 99% shot (even w\o car ull be shot in south cities ))))))) ), noone will use u as a driver as help, ull be shot, no choice. Kinda dunno why did it happen, but i Guess not working chat system is one of reasons.

Can we rollback to that happy and funny times somehow? )) Just wanna be a bus driver in cherno may be, but i know now i'll be shot coz someone will be jelous and will want my bus....and i can't even talk to him coz chat isn't working on MOST of servers.

IT's a mistery to me why they removed global chat and don't even allow us to turn it back on cause we'll get blacklisted... I only see people wanting the feature back... I never saw people complain they wanted it gone when it was still there... It makes me sad... :(

With global you got alot more team play. I still go to global servers and i meet up with randoms all day.

Anyone who saw how global chat really was shouldn't want it back. People either used it to set traps to kill other players, or used it to cry about getting shot. Plenty of us were happy to see it gone.

Essentially, rocket claims he wants emergent gameplay, but restricts anything that would promote anything other than backstabbing dickery.

You're the first I've seen post that.

At the very least we should have the option to turn it back on without being threatened to get blacklisted...

All the animals come out at night - campers, nooblets, ghosts, alt+f4's, bandits, infected, sick, venal. Someday a real rain will come and wash all this scum off the streets. I go all over. I take people to the NWAF, Cherno, 'lectro, I take 'em to Stary Sobor. I don't care. Don't make no difference to me. It does to some. Some won't even take camo spooks. Don't make no difference to me.

Edited by MrX

Devs should add Radio communication system, only player with radio can speak/listen/chat with other players, I think this is the best solution.

Global not global, but I can say that even DIRECT chat isn't working now, group also, neither voice chat do. There's no way to communicate nowdays in DayZ with stragers

I was just surfing through old DayZ videos at youtube....ppl were in groups, chated with voice chat, worked as a taxi with their cars through cities and nowdays....if u get into a city in car u'll be 99% shot (even w\o car ull be shot in south cities ))))))) ), noone will use u as a driver as help, ull be shot, no choice. Kinda dunno why did it happen, but i Guess not working chat system is one of reasons.

Can we rollback to that happy and funny times somehow? )) Just wanna be a bus driver in cherno may be, but i know now i'll be shot coz someone will be jelous and will want my bus....and i can't even talk to him coz chat isn't working on MOST of servers.

I have that feeling, too. When i started it was NOT normal to shoot everyone you see. Yes, i was shot by a sniper sometimes. But many more times i just said "friendly" or saluted and everything was fine. It was completly common to NOT shoot first.

I don't know why rocket does not see that some of his changes are really bad.

For example i still think it was a BAD idea to remove bandit clothes to seperate you from a friendly survivor. Its gamy, yes. But its also a good base for any kind of trust between the survivors.

I also think its a even more bad idea to give sniper weapons such a HUGE advantage over newbie-equipment.

I also think the global chat was sometimes annoying. But it was also interesting und fun to chat a little bit at night sometimes.

Edited by Knightowl

Global not global, but I can say that even DIRECT chat isn't working now, group also, neither voice chat do. There's no way to communicate nowdays in DayZ with stragers

Voice chat and direct work fine for me, but I've heard of others having this problem. It's a bug, and not intended. This isn't a good reason to re-enable global chat, though.

You're the first I've seen post that.

They're the second person in this thread.