TheBigShide

Hacking is ruining this game.

So, as the topic states hackers are destroying Dayz.

My Squad of 5 were on tonight and got killed on 2 different servers by hackers. Its almost to the point that if you want to live, your going to have to start hacking yourself, and I am sure a lot have already resorted to doing so in order to play.

Yes I know this is an Alpha, and a mod, but I think its time you put content updates to the back burner and started working on stability and updating that cheat detection. Because restarting on another server to just find out its full of another couple of hackers is extremely fun.

Oh and if you want the play the game I would avoid these servers:

The Game Lounge US 1413 = Invincible Vehicle's, Zombies arent attracted to them but when firing upon the vehicle the whole map came to me. They also had a chopper in the server which seemed to know EXACTLY were I was and killed me.(I thought these were removed?)

US 1332 = already reported this server in the cheat sub forum. But I wonder if that is even ever looked at.

Lastly... BAN ALL THE HACKERS!

Thank you :)

Edited by TheBigShide
  • Like 3

Agree wholeheartedly, my group of 7 lost a camp with ~10 tents, hacker spawned in, killed all of us and destroyed the base. Weeks of hard scavenging work and looting. This happened 3 times already, there's no reason to set up a camp or do anything else, it's like you can only resort to going deathmatch somewhere as all that takes more than 1-3h of work is going to get destroyed by a hacker anyway. Battle-Eye really needs to improve the detection, it seems to take hours if not days/weeks for bans to take effect.

• Like 2

i actually enjoy the hackers.

Why do you ask? because you lose your stuff and start again, but its not like you got killed like a noob or because you were lazy. it just hapeend.

if a end game or stuff to do gets introduced apart from get loot and kill other people then id be mad

Just to add my two cents; I've played twice in the last couple of days and both times within minutes there were hackers using exploits on the server. In the first instance the server got thunderdomed, in the second hackers were teleporting around the map instakilling players.

On both occasions I was able to log without getting unlucky enough to be killed by one of these players, but some indication that action is being taken would be helpful.

• Like 1

it seems to take hours if not days/weeks for bans to take effect.

for good reason

Why do you ask? because you lose your stuff and start again, but its not like you got killed like a noob or because you were lazy. it just hapeend.

if a end game or stuff to do gets introduced apart from get loot and kill other people then id be mad

Hacking ruins any game. Yes I do agree that starting over is nice from time to time, but if your with a group of buddies focusing on objective gathering efforts just to get insta gibbed and all your hard work destroyed, that respawn and then hour or so it takes to meet up and get people some basic gear doesn't seem like to much fun after the third or fourth time.

And I agree it would be nice to know bans are occurring, when it seems like the hacking is just getting worse.

• Like 1

Group of 5 of us spent a few days gathering gear and spent a lot of time trying to get NVGs for our group.

We got lucky and caught a group of 4 people with NVG.

SO it got to night and we thought, "Time for a Sober run". As we get near there a guy pops up and says, "Don't shot me or i'll kill you" in his thick Russian accent. We look around and there's no one. Suddenly he just appears 10ft away.

So we say hello and he asks, "is Chris and Livonia part of you're group?"

We chat on priv comms about him knowing these players by name on a non-nameplate server, that he amazingly appeared after talking on comms out of no where and the fact Chris is 300m away in a sniping position.

We think, "something dodgy about him... so better save than sorry two of us unload full clips into him from 5ft away. He looks at us, goes prone and *poof* he's gone.

I ask on priv comms, "did he alt-F4?" all of a sudden 3ft to the right in an open field, gun flashes and bam 2 of us dead.

Then Livonia turns up and says, "I can't see him." The nice russian then starts taunting Liv on comms, shooting at his feet and after 20sec says, "goodbye" and kills livonia.

Dying is not the issue, it's dying without have a chance that f**ks me off.

• Like 3

US338 = West side of Cherno, follow the powerlines up to the hill and you will find an encampment with gear up the arse(I was able to sneak in, but they teleported behind me and killed me).

Actually, this is my camp, and no, I did not teleport behind you, I simply walked right up to you and killed you, get over it.

• Like 1

By the way, I'm a member of the camp on 338, all of it is legit, no we didn't spawn behind you, you were doing barrel rolls up and down the hill like a mongoloid so I don't believe it's too far of a stretch to say that we ran up on you and shot you in the legs with an M1911.

• Like 1

US338 = West side of Cherno, follow the powerlines up to the hill and you will find an encampment with gear up the arse(I was able to sneak in, but they teleported behind me and killed me).

Everything we acquired that night was legitimate, this is the server we play on regularly. We have gun stockpiles, and excess gear because we spend more time in game than on the forums complaining. all the vehicles and the camp you saw we got THAT night, and the "Teleporting" must have been the bicycle ride from NWAF because we were hunting vehicles for our badass camp.

You were prone in the middle of OUR camp, and you're surprised you got shot? Fuckin' jokes.

Hacking may be running rampant but so are crying bitches on the forums.

Edited by Chubbles

But once I reached endgame after a few weeks of murdering for fun I decided to organize events with my group and now our chopper and camp has been lost :\

Remember that not all hackers are bad. There are the typical kiddies running around thinking they're the shit and there are instances of others helping others.

i am starting to believe that rocket actually want hackers to ruin the game. I have that feeling lately.

Agree with the OP. You have my beans.

Anyone who screams alpha or thinks hackers are good somehow is a fucking fucktard.

• Like 3

Remember that not all hackers are bad. There are the typical kiddies running around thinking they're the shit and there are instances of others helping others.

All hacking IS bad, your not playing the game how it was intended to be played, even if you use the guise of good.

Actually, their was one hacker who did spawn a attack helicopter and started moving everyone down in elektro and cherno only to have another hacker spawn a tank and blow him up who then despawned the tank. The only time I have ever seen a hacker help the server lol...

Everything we acquired that night was legitimate, this is the server we play on regularly. We have gun stockpiles, and excess gear because we spend more time in game than on the forums complaining. all the vehicles and the camp you saw we got THAT night, and the "Teleporting" must have been the bicycle ride from NWAF because we were hunting vehicles for our badass camp.

You were prone in the middle of OUR camp, and you're surprised you got shot? Fuckin' jokes.

Hacking may be running rampant but so are crying bitches on the forums.

Aight, My bad, I am not one to run away and hide if i make a mistake. I shall remove that from my original post. Good on your for being able to build a camp of that size in 1 day tho.

Oh and the only reason I was surprised I got shot in the back was because I was looking BEHIND myself, but oh well ill put that up to me being blind.

By the way, I'm a member of the camp on 338, all of it is legit, no we didn't spawn behind you, you were doing barrel rolls up and down the hill like a mongoloid so I don't believe it's too far of a stretch to say that we ran up on you and shot you in the legs with an M1911.

Wasn't me.

Edited by TheBigShide
  • Like 1

This must be the reason I have been seeing more, and more locked servers

Agreed. The amount of times I gear up and am about to start my helping of players and am killed due to a hacker... Couldn't count with my toes included :/

Are US servers riddled with hackers? Seems most complaints come from US servers, while I've only ran into one hacker/exploiter in my entire playtime on EU servers. Are there a lot of places close to the NA region ripe with hackers? Or are people jumping regions?

There are an equal amount of hackers on all servers, its completely random. i normally play on NZ/AUS servers. Its been a good month and a bit since iv been killed fairly.