Sign in to follow this  
Cschlue

Game Mechanic That Would allow friends to spawn near each other.

So far playing dayz I've only had one major complaint, I can deal with the bandits and Player killing, the little bugs here and there, the clunky inventory (arma issue anyways...)

But what has been really difficult for me to cope with is trying to play with my friends, We generally spend the first half hour to hour just trying to figure out where each other are and trying to get to one another. What i would like to see implemented is a sort of friends list, so when we spawn as a new character it spawns all of us in the same general area, at least only a city away, earlier when we were playing i had 3 other friends joining me, 2 spawned near kamenka, I spawned in balota and the other spawned all the way on the other side of the map, the three of us managed to meet up in balota and the other player made his way through elektro, an hour later he was on the east side of cherno, while we were on the west side, he made his way across town by the docks only to be picked off by a sniper and promptly spawned in kamenka, causing us to pass another half hour before we could even play together.

With the way Arma II works i realize an actual friends list isn't exactly feasible, but i figure there has to be a way so that i can give my player id to my friends and the game would spawn us fairly close to one another.

I almost think something like a simple text file that's loaded by the game that i can put all my friends player id's into would work well, in order to avoid people just throwing random players in their friends list in order to be able to spawn near someone you would both need to have each other on you "friends list"

I know the map pretty well personally, my friends don't however, I've even gone as far as marking my location and their locations on maps and marking rally points, but when you spawn on the complete opposite side of the map it doesn't change the fact that it's going to take you a good portion of the game just trying to reach each other.

I know the map pretty well personally, my friends don't however, I've even gone as far as marking my location and their locations on maps and marking rally points, but when you spawn on the complete opposite side of the map it doesn't change the fact that it's going to take you a good portion of the game just trying to reach each other.

Again learn the maps have them learn the maps.

Orient yourselfs then get a move on.

Welcome to Running through the forest simulator 2012.

I know every square inch of the map. I don't see how this is needed it's, also eliminate the effects of travel.