jonnerz

Oceanic Server Discussion

Freeborne/CM. Is the donation link still accurate? and what other information can you provide/link re: the ausarma server: i.e. can it sustain more than one running instance of Arma servers, how much bandwidth does it have (or can it handle), how many slots etc.

Either way i'm donating just curious as to what it'll be packin' :D

Just had staff from ON3 (TelstraClear) take interest in this Mod...to be continued...

Nice, I hope something can be rectified so the major isp's can host a few servers. I have a few friends that said "I would so donate once the server gets up and running" so looks like atleast 2 months on atleast one server soon :D

we have 4TB of data for the month. We will go for probably a single 50 slot server. We'll be monitoring bandwidth and adjusting the amount of slots/instances as we go.

The donations page is still current, Ignore all of freeborne's donations that was mainly for testing.

It's $475 a month to run this server, so the more donations the better.

Well I guess, but it's not really "donating" really seeing as the server is just paid for by us.

Will be donating as soon as u give me those bank details cm. Fuck paypal ;)

Its donating until the server is up, what if it never reaches enough money? will it be sent back?

The first month is already paid for. The server is up and running ready to go just waiting for Rocket to log in and configure it.

Might need to reset the donations page for the next month and carry over what's currently been given, seems to be confusing a few people.

Will be donating as soon as u give me those bank details cm. Fuck paypal ;)

yeah we will get it up, loving your sig and avatar btw hahah.

Keen to play some local Dayz Mod again. If needed im more than happy to hand over some cash for the server.

Freeborne infact has paid for the entire first month, in addition to those donations which I haven't refunded myself yet :-p

DAYZ TEAM. PLEASE WAKE ROCKET UP SO HE CAN SETUP THE SERVER!

Freeborne infact has paid for the entire first month' date=' in addition to those donations which I haven't refunded myself yet :-p

DAYZ TEAM. PLEASE WAKE ROCKET UP SO HE CAN SETUP THE SERVER!

[/quote']

+1 Been waiting all day for this server :D

You know guys at some point, the dayz dev team won't have enough people to manage all these servers by themselves, it really helps if the server admins themselves can keep check on them as well.

We have no problem with that, but the server at least needs to be up first so we can manage it... I'd love to install it myself to take some pressure off rocket but at least for now it doesn't seem plausible.

And now we wait...

You seriously need to invest in some automatic server rebooting device.

And now we wait...

this is true and we will get that sorted asap, however all the server shut downs thus far have been manual :P

And now we wait...

this is true and we will get that sorted asap' date=' however all the server shut downs thus far have been manual :P

[/quote']

Should just set it up as a service :P, I suggest LaunchPad.

yeah we'll get to it, just making sure it's stable for now. Our ping limit is getting a real workout though hah.

yeah we'll get to it' date=' just making sure it's stable for now. Our ping limit is getting a real workout though hah.

[/quote']

Good, with such expensive and limited bandwidth, you can't really afford to be wasting it on lazy American and European players who just want to chase the daylight.

We're still testing server performance and tweaking things.

ATM, we have 45 slot server, and another 25 slot server. NZ server is also up atm with 25 slots. All slots of course are full within seconds of a server going up, LOL. This is with 100% ANZ players too. That's an awesome amount of demand for our region.

Only problem is no vehicles are spawning on ANZ servers :(

Like to say a big thank you on behalf of AusArmA to everyone who's donated so far, including overseas players who will not even be using our server. Great community spirit. In 3 days we've already raised half of next month's costs. Also thanks to rocket and Joel for helping with the setup and updates.

We intended to only run 50 slots, however we could tell demand was far exceeding this as there was long wait times for people to get back in if they accidentally disconnected.

50 slots was resulting in low FPS after an hour, so we had to reduce slots for a while (hopefully disabling H/T will fix it), and ran 2 servers, and then 3, for a total of 100 slots. Even this was not enough to cater for demand during the weekend! These were all local ANZ players.

NZ, AUS and AU servers also went up sporadically during the weekend. If you are running these servers, can we please coordinate when we run extra servers to meet player demand while also reducing our own bandwidth when they're not necessary?