Sign in to follow this  
Freek314

Nearly the entire third page filled with locked threads...

Seriously, I actually DON'T want to see the exact same twenty threads every time I come here. At least stop locking 90% of the new threads made, please.

inb4lock

Happens alot when fourms are newish with fresh mods, they will get bored of doing it in a few months.

This thread will be locked on page 3, and by than the pages mentioned will be locked on page 6.

Obey the moderator.

Happens alot when fourms are newish with fresh mods' date=' they will get bored of doing it in a few months.

[/quote']

Trust in free markets and self-regulation make moderation much easier. Unfortunately the majority of people who seek power do so because they are self-righteous authoritarians or enjoy bureaucracy.

They are locked not because the moderators are new, but because the members are new.

Im hoping that if they see a thread locked in the forum, they can figure out why before they post a similar thread.

You will just have to brave-it out for a few weeks until the community learns how to post to the correct sub forum

That is one outrageously large signature haha.

Anyways on topic: If people wouldn't make 2034820384 of the same threads they wouldn't need to be closed.

They are locked not because the moderators are new' date=' but because the members are new.

Im hoping that if they see a thread locked in the forum, they can figure out why before they post a similar thread.

You will just have to brave-it out for a few weeks until the community learns how to post to the correct sub forum

[/quote']

Yeah, I just wish I could come on here and actually see new threads daily. Maybe I'm too used to bodybuilding.com's forums.

Trust in free markets and self-regulation make moderation much easier. Unfortunately the majority of people who seek power do so because they are self-righteous authoritarians or enjoy bureaucracy.

That's me. It was either this, or threatening people with lusty stares, but the latter was less effective.

The majority of page three is also locked because 90% of the threads appeared to be composed by the barely literate (bless them) complaining about "joe around the corner was hacking and i no it was him because mike told me it was so can u please DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT ROCKET OR ELSE IM LEAVING THE GAME HOW?", or they had devolved into one sentence, barely-concealed ad hominem attacks mixed with "I just joined the game and i bet nobody has complained about bandits before so ill make a new thread."

But you know, it's the internet and nobody is perfect.

That's me. It was either this' date=' or threatening people with lusty stares, but the latter was less effective.

The majority of page three is also locked because 90% of the threads appeared to be composed by the barely literate (bless them) complaining about "joe around the corner was hacking and i no it was him because mike told me it was so can u please DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT ROCKET OR ELSE IM LEAVING THE GAME HOW?", or they had devolved into one sentence, barely-concealed ad hominem attacks mixed with "I just joined the game and i bet nobody has complained about bandits before so ill make a new thread."

But you know, it's the internet and nobody is perfect.

[/quote']

Are you trying to convince me that laughing at people who make horrible threads is a bad thing?

Usually locking the thread if it's been repeated multiple times works, especially if you link them to a thread that has the answer.

If it's in the wrong section we usually just move it to the right section instead of locking and saying "Post hurr"

WE HAVE A WINNER!!!

http://dayzmod.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=6241&page=3

lol' date=' had to point it out. :P

[/quote']

Well, you got my attention. Whats your point exactly? Do you really want to see the forums flooded with the same threads and posts, making no room for threads that are actually useful, related to the forum which it is posted in and has got a real discussion value?

"OMG, moderators are douches that only wants to be moderators because of the POWAH! Newbie nazi mod's, they know nothing about moderating!".

Guys, c'mon lol.

WE HAVE A WINNER!!!

http://dayzmod.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=6241&page=3

lol' date=' had to point it out. :P

[/quote']

Well, you got my attention. Whats your point exactly? Do you really want to see the forums flooded with the same threads and posts, making no room for threads that are actually useful, related to the forum which it is posted in and has got a real discussion value?

"OMG, moderators are douches that only wants to be moderators because of the POWAH! Newbie nazi mod's, they know nothing about moderating!".

Guys, c'mon lol.

Which of those classifications does the linked thread fall into?

Also, strong strawman/appeal to ridicule.

Why is it on every forum, when new mods are in place, there is always a small cadré of people who go out of their way to try to make them look like power-mad despots?

The truth is, people on this forum are used to having no real moderation so of course are getting a bit bent up because people are doing what should have been done in the first place.

You'll get over it.

Why is it on every forum' date=' when new mods are in place, there is always a small cadré of people who go out of their way to try to make them look like power-mad despots?

The truth is, people on this forum are used to having no real moderation so of course are getting a bit bent up because people are doing what should have been done in the first place.

You'll get over it.

[/quote']

Poisoning the well, strawman, and fallacy of single cause all in one paragraph.

I don't believe most mods are power-hungry. I believe most people who SEEK to become mods are power hungry or want to belong to the bureaucratic class.

You can use all the fancy terminology you want in an attempt to belittle my argument, no skin off my nose.

Point is still valid though, you'll get over it Freek, or keep baiting the Moderators to the point where you end up in trouble.

I wouldn't go into someones house demanding to know who when and why, I'd just be a good guest and go by the rules.

You can use all the fancy terminology you want in an attempt to belittle my argument' date=' no skin off my nose.

Point is still valid though, you'll get over it Freek, or keep baiting the Moderators to the point where you end up in trouble.

I wouldn't go into someones house demanding to know who when and why, I'd just be a good guest and go by the rules.

[/quote']

Appeal to consequences and authority.

I'm not trying to belittle your argument. I'm pointing out flaws in it.

Ok matey, personally I just think you're trying to look a big boy. If you get off on being condecending on message boards thats peachy, i'm trying to do you a favour and stop you from getting in trouble. What you seem to think is a highbrow show of intelligence is what us less-educated beings call being a 'smartass'.

I wash my hands of it, have fun.

Ok matey' date=' personally I just think you're trying to look a big boy. If you get off on being condecending on message boards thats peachy, i'm trying to do you a favour and stop you from getting in trouble. What you seem to think is a highbrow show of intelligence is what us less-educated beings call being a 'smartass'.

I wash my hands of it, have fun.

[/quote']

I'm not trying to impress anyone, I'm just pointing out flaws in your logic. If that leads you to believe I'm a smartass, then you shouldn't have tried arguing with me. Go back and read the very first sentence you wrote in this thread.

If you are wondering why so many threads are locked, this thread is the perfect example: nerds are terrible.

If you are wondering why so many threads are locked' date=' this thread is the perfect example: nerds are terrible.

[/quote']

Would you mind explaining your reasoning behind that?

If you are wondering why so many threads are locked' date=' this thread is the perfect example: nerds are terrible.

[/quote']

Ha, good point.