Sign in to follow this  
DayzZombozo

Why is everything always empty?

I mean seriously. I started at the beach, went to a nearby grocery store, nothing but empty cans. Worked my way about an hours journey up the coast to some town, found grocery and a hospital, nothing inside! Hospital didn't even have boxes! I checked everything from there inward to dolina and didn't find a single freaking thing except for crap I don't need.

Engine parts, Gas Containers, ammo for invisible guns?, Empty Cans, Road Flares, Hatchets. That's all I ever find in the little houses and sheds. I never find food! I ran into a cow pasture, killed a cow, have matches AND wood, but I can't gut the stupid cow!

Where is a reliable place to get food?? Every main "store/hospital/gas" place I visit is completely empty unless they are down on the coast in those two towns that always have snipers all over the place!

Sounds like bad luck. I never have a problem finding things.

I've ben in towns where there was literally nothing anywhere, no spawns.

Sometimes it's you desynching (lagging within the server). So either 1) log back into the server 2) find a new server.

Yeah, it's like NOTHING at all has spawned sometimes. This happens alot on any server I have tried when I am up north. Do the hosts disable or reduce spawn in the regions people don't visit as much or something?

What other types of places spawn food, and where can I get a knife that can guy an animal!

Restarting the server is a huge hassle. It literally takes me 5-10 minutes to start the game for some reason. Is that normal? Once I pick a server from DayZ commander I go take my dog out or get a sandwich or catch half a show and then come back and it's just loading. I've never seen any game take so long.

Another question:

How do I know my guy saved? Suppose I am done playing and want to log out. When does my character save to the server or whatever?

Servers which are not reset 2 to 4 times a day will suffer from problems such as no loot spawning, the whole server goes out of sync. You should look for a server which announces regular resets and it should solve your problem.

Make sure your version of DayZ and the Arma II beta match the server as well, that will also cause problems with loot, zombies etc.

Yeah, it's like NOTHING at all has spawned sometimes. This happens alot on any server I have tried when I am up north. Do the hosts disable or reduce spawn in the regions people don't visit as much or something?

What other types of places spawn food, and where can I get a knife that can guy an animal!

Restarting the server is a huge hassle. It literally takes me 5-10 minutes to start the game for some reason. Is that normal? Once I pick a server from DayZ commander I go take my dog out or get a sandwich or catch half a show and then come back and it's just loading. I've never seen any game take so long.

Another question:

How do I know my guy saved? Suppose I am done playing and want to log out. When does my character save to the server or whatever?

Admins cannot influence anything except a few server settings.

Your character is automatically saved to the Hive (main server database), there are times when there is a delay so it is always best to not log out straight after picking up any items and not to logout during desync (red chain).

Edited by thisisbleep