Sign in to follow this  
djklassified

Looting zombies?

I've found that sometimes, zombies are carrying mags or other items(confirm?).

1-Is it usually worth it to check every zombie you kill?

2-Can I tell if there's loot without *opening* the corpse?

3-If I kill a soldier or a policeman, are the loot-table different than a civilian?

Thanks in advance!

1. zombies will sometimes have food or drink or something useful depending on the zombie (military/civilian). sometimes they have empty cans.

2. when there are two arrows over/under a gun icon when you are near a zombie, pointing at him, like other loot, hes got something on him for sure. i have never seen more than one item on a zombie, so i ignore the usual gun with mags under it icon.

3. civilians will have food/drink, military will have smoke grenades and the like.

3. civilians will have food/drink' date=' military will have smoke grenades and the like.

[/quote']

Ive found one or two military types with rare ammo, as well

There have been very few military zombies I've killed that weren't carrying some type of ammo magazine, so I 'd say they are always worth checking. Residents and hunters are kinda meh though.

1-Is it usually worth it to check every zombie you kill?

Depends on what you need.

2-Can I tell if there's loot without *opening* the corpse?

Occasionally, but if you're really needing something and know that a particular type of zombie is going to drop it, try looting anyway.

3-If I kill a soldier or a policeman, are the loot-table different than a civilian?

Yeah, they are. I found my first pair of NVGs off a military zombie. They drop underslung rounds, smokes grenades and chemlights most frequently, but you can get lucky sometimes on ammo and other goodies. Policemen drop shotguns and revolver ammo. Civilians drop food and drink mostly, along with some types of hunting class weapon ammo (CZ, Winnie, Enfield etc)

When you look at a dead(er) zombie the crosshair will change to the loot icon. A gun on its own means that the corpse is empty but a gun with curved arrows around it means that there is something on the body. Its usually an empty tin can but zombies can drop some decent(ish) loot. Standard ones can carry food/drink, hunters (the ones with the hats) can carry low tier ammo, Military/police carry higher teir ammo and guess what medical zombies carry? Admittedly I have never actually seen a medical zombie as I have kept well away from towns but thats what the loot table says :)