Sign in to follow this  
general_elmo@yahoo.com

Improvised Explosives

Okey so.. LOVING the game.. but i kinda feel it needs a little more boom no? After all frag grenades arnt as common as tin cans, so i was thinking.. wouldnt it be cool to scavange and make use of all that useless stuff to 'make' weapons? But purposely require low drop survival items to make such as matches or toolboxs for the 'better' ones?

e.g.

empty whisky bottle + fillup from petrol station + flare = molatov cocktail?

empty can (shell) + + toolbox + matches or flare = pipebomb?

Just 2 ideas. Im sure you guys can think of many more improvised ways to frag them zombies.. or even your friends accidently hehe.

molotovs should be in - to create use chain like this: empty visky bottle + gas can + destroyed t-shirt.

We need more objects in this mod.

I hate so much explosives, but I suppose it is something we would see from time to time in the Zworld.

If it's added, it should be CRAZY HARD to get it.

I like this idea, was jsut last night saying that claymores and mines should spawn at mil spawns.

IEDs could work well i think. maybe even add an expeirence level, so that lower experience has a chance of failure, premature detonation etc.

what about traps? got a frag gren and some scrap metal? make a trip wire trap to watch the door as you loot (disarmable by anyone ) smoke grenade ? same thing now you got a way to distract zeds before they can eat you, same deal for flares set them up to provide warning incase someone sneeks up on you at night, hell get a old car alarm and a tripwire and set it up in in downtown cherno and find a good vantage point and watch the show :)

One of my 'friends' tried to use a frag grenade on a ton of zombies that horded us... what he ended up doing was bouncing it off the door frame and killing all 6 of us. It was hilariously funny. :D explosives = more comedy.

They shouldnt be super common. Maybe require 1 or 2 rare items and some super common items but having to gather up all those items in your limited inventory for 1 or 2 molatovs or pipe bombs to be saved for that moment when you really need it.

Like i always carry 1 or 2 smokes on me 'just in case' but i never manage to use them before i die lol.

and flares > rags.. you need matchs to light a rag but they both prity much do the same job. If i was living in DayZ land id just put the lid back on the bottle and ducktape a flare to the sideof the bottle.. it will still smash and the petrol will still go everywhere and light on the flare.