Sign in to follow this  
Astronomer (DayZ)

Combat DCers and Fishing Boats: Losing Your Beans for Dummies

My reason for posting this here is purely to name and shame two individuals, and tell a little tale of wasteland justice. These two individuals are the most chronic combat Alt+F4ers I have ever encountered, and I think it would be amusing if any bored players reading this felt like a hunting trip to their camp on Drakon Island, UK26.

We first encountered them near Drakon Island on UK26. We were on the mainland and they took potshots at us (all missed) for a great deal of time before we realised where they were. The first bullet we sent their way resulted in them both disconnecting within 2 seconds. (We have learned the value of checking the player list during an engagement).

The rest of it is best described by a reply I made in a thread made about it in another thread: http://dayzmod.com/f...combat-dc-uk26/

I have pasted it below:

=========

I had the pleasure of personally giving them a splended, if somewhat loud and protracted burial at sea. After several combat log-offs over the course of hours and on separate occasions, I was quite determined. Their last disappearing act involved trying to get back into their fishing boat, near which I had been waiting while watching their little adventure around a gas station.

My favourite part was the way they shone their G17 flashlights around and around like suicidal lighthouses. Despite this flashlight party they were having, they were oblivious to my presence not 20 meters away as they returned to the boat. They both had assault rifles, but apparently 2 versus 1 wasn't a fair fight, so they logged off immediately upon my opening fire.

I relocated their boat and waited, in case they server ghosted. Sure enough, they logged in ~20 minutes later and found it nearby, and attempted to make good their escape. I waited for them to get far enough away from the beach to be beyond the 'point of no return', such that any log-off would result in being dumped a lengthy swim from land.

The only reason they didn't d/c this time I opened fire was because they thought they could escape, and because it would mean losing all their items in the water anyway. I let them get too far while repositioning, and they very nearly did escape. But 60 rounds of STANAG later, most of which harmlessly hit the boat, I had two new confirmed kills.

I find this particularly funny because these two seem to have filed a cheat complaint about possible server admin/clan duping abuse (check Williamz topic history). I also find it funny that while typing this, at the bottom of the page I've noticed BOTH of them viewing this thread, but it seems they have nothing to say. Here are their forum profiles:

http://dayzmod.com/f...7-glrubberduck/

http://dayzmod.com/f...55069-williamz/

If I see you on UK26 again, I will hunt you. Eventually I will find you, and I will kill you. This time, fraps will be running, and I will be watching the player list like a hawk, both before and after I make you do your best sieve impression.

post-10730-0-81752100-1343709541_thumb.j

=========

TL;DR: If you feel like some fun and punishing some combat aborters, they probably haven't had time to move their camp on Drakon Island, UK26.

Edited by Astronomer
  • Like 1

Hey dude, I've seen you on our server a lot of the time, if you get some proof of this we can have them banned. But the proof is a must for this to happen.

Drakon is now cleared, took what I needed from the tent and got off, noone of the DC'ers was online :(

where is your proof, in your post you are constantly getting confused between us and other people, you must have really been desperate for our noob equipment as you apparently hunted us down, you and your friend also seem to camping around elektro with high tier weapons shooting noobs (and we are the bad people)