Sign in to follow this  
A.Jones

i spent 5 hours total gathering chopper parts and finding a boat

i get the chopper repaired minimum, fly it to the quarry nearby, hacker teleports whole server, run back there 1 hour running later, server starts pooping itself and dropping clients... okay..

i go to class today, 4 hours being afk the server is restarted in that time frame and someone finds and takes my chopper within 2 hours of it being joinable...

why cant i have nice things?

roughly 8 hours total gameplay down teh drain ... inb5 this is an alpha

Edited by A.Jones

Yeah, people gonna find it. Thats why previously they always stashed them off map.

New idea: only one chopper, spawns in cherno. All chopper parts spawn in elektro.

Go!

how is the full version going to tackel this?

how will the servers handle the game?

what i want to know is how can it be 100% safe that your time isnt being wasted because of server problems and hackers

our first chopper we completely fixed it up, my friend / cousin flew it to the mainland for fuel while i stayed on the island incase something bad happened.

they start flying back to get me; some guy spawns in on the island and kills both of them with 1 shot of an AS50.

i finally make it into the server 15 seconds later (total load time was like 7 minutes so far) see the chopper starting to rise so i put a full as50 NATO mag into it blowing it up and setting the whole island on fire.

but guess what, they picked up their corpse (after having zombies kill them so they could respawn... magic you can still respawn if you dont spawn where you want huh?) we hopped to a new server and fixed up a new one.

Edited by Buffjesus

had an 8 hour battle last night with another group for the heli, even got it repaired but had no fuel. until everyone in my group had to leave and then my net died. Killed them so many times over the day/night. Woke up this morning, logged in and they'd obviously got it without us getting in the way anymore. Sucks because we repaired it and they got it haha. Great little war though.

my point is that i could have put my chopper in a safe place if the server didnt start dropping players or before that a hacker didnt teleprot me to the westest part of the map and make me run for an hour.

if you dont understand why im frustrated why bother flaming me?

Rocket has made it clear that the current server architecture cannot support any more anti-hacking protection. A standalone game will not have the same problems.